BaseballGeeks
User: Guest28707
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Dodgers Make Their Pitch to Greg Maddux " Thread

Message #119 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Dodgers Make Their Pitch to Greg Maddux
Date:  2/3/04, 7:36pm
Mike Maddux was a Dodger for a time... this is about the only pick-up that the Dodgers have left to salvage fan interest.Still, based upon Maddux's inconsistent last two seasons, it probably is a bad pick-up.I love Maddux. He's a sure Hall of Famer. But, I don't think he has Clemens-like longevity. I think he's just about done.

Reply to Msg #119
Back to Topics

6066 reads

903 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #120 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Dodgers Make Their Pitch to Greg Maddu
Date:  2/4/04, 8:44pm
Maddux's best days may be behind him, but I think he has at least one solid 200+ inning season left in him. Besides, he doesn't spend as much time on the D.L. as Kevin Brown does. Maddux would be a great addition to a pitching staff that is still one of the best in the league.

Reply to Msg #120
Back to Topics

6922 reads

Message #121 of 6634  *NEW*
Boogaman  
Date:  2/10/04, 10:13am
I agree with Jaydawg on this one. Maddux does not rely as much on stuff as he does on smarts and location. If nothing else his presence on the staff will be a bonus in the clubhouse and the rest of the pitching staff can improve by his mentoring.

Reply to Msg #121
Back to Topics

6919 reads

Message #122 of 6634  *NEW*
Jaydawg  
Date:  2/14/04, 12:55am
From what I've heard, the Cubs and Giants are also interested in Maddux. The Cubbies offered a two year deal for $10-12 million a month ago, but he says that he's still keeping his options open. As a matter of fact, Maddux is currently building a new home in So-Cal. Does this mean that he's leaning towards signing with the Dodgers? I hope so because the Gregster is 11 wins away from the 300 mark. If the Dodgers are unable to acquire him, then he should go back to the Cubs where he began his big league career.

Reply to Msg #122
Back to Topics

6918 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter