BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39141
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Crime Dog Signs With D-Rays, Nick Johnson Loses Arbitration with Expos and Other News " Thread

Message #130 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Crime Dog Signs With D-Rays, Nick Johnson Loses Arbitration with Expos and Other News
Date:  2/10/04, 9:09pm
(Link goes to Crime Dog news story at ESPN).McGriff has signed a minor league deal with the D-Rays, 9 homeruns short of 500. Purely a "fan interest" deal for the record, and because he is a Tampa native.Considering the DRay acquisition of Robert Fick and Tino Martinez (and through Aubrey Huff in the mix), it's not likely he'll get a lot of playing time -- even if he makes the active roster.*******Nick Johnson asked for $1.68 million from the Expos... (Yankees paid him $364,100 last year). The arbitrators awarded $1.25 million.*******Philadelphia gives the Dodgers permission to speak with Philadelphia assistant General Manager Ruben Amaro, Jr.*******Nolan Ryan breaks ties with the Texas Rangers, and looks to the Houston Astros.

Reply to Msg #130
Back to Topics

8386 reads

726 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #131 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Boogaman  
Subject:  Re: Crime Dog Signs With D-Rays, Nick Johnson Loses Arbitration with Expos and Other New
Date:  2/11/04, 9:34am
I would like to see McGriff come back to Atlanta to finish out his career. I believe he could at least contribute on the level of Julio Franco.

Reply to Msg #131
Back to Topics

9347 reads

Message #132 of 6634  *NEW*
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Crime Dog Signs With D-Rays, Nick Johnson Loses Arbitration with Expos and Other New
Date:  2/11/04, 11:23am
I would like it even more to see him go back to where he started -- the Padres -- and get reach the 500 HR mark there...

Reply to Msg #132
Back to Topics

9343 reads

Message #133 of 6634  *NEW*
Jaydawg  
Date:  2/11/04, 7:18pm
Didn't McGriff start out with the Toronto Blue Jays? I'm pretty sure he did, but his best years were with the Padres.

Reply to Msg #133
Back to Topics

9342 reads

Message #134 of 6634  *NEW*
Boogaman  
Date:  2/11/04, 7:47pm
I think he did start with Toronto.

Reply to Msg #134
Back to Topics

9340 reads

Message #135 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Date:  2/12/04, 11:34pm
McGriff is a hall of famer! No doubt in my mind about it, especially if he reaches 500 home runs! For one, he's a gentleman & a super class act! He plays the game like it is supposed to be played & he keeps his mouth shut. He represents what is right with baseball & he has been one hell of a player throughout most of his career. He can still swing that bat & I think he'll make one heck of an addition to the Devil Rays. Why not platoon him at first base or even DH him since he is back in the American League? I think he would be a solid DH hitter for atleast another season!

Reply to Msg #135
Back to Topics

9338 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter