BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39415
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Yanks consider Garciaparra for first base " Thread

Message #1438 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Anonymous  
Subject:  Yanks consider Garciaparra for first base
Date:  12/13/05, 4:41pm

Reply to Msg #1438
Back to Topics

4040 reads

915 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #1442 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Anonymous
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Yanks consider Garciaparra for first base
Date:  12/13/05, 9:40pm
I'd be surprised if Nomar agrees to play for the Yankees. First base is already taken by Jason Giambi and I imagine that he'd have problems being forced to DH. Besides, Shortstop and Third are already occupied by Jeter and A-Rod. Garciaparra has never played any other position. Out of all the teams interested in him, I see Nomar being more comfortable in going to Houston or returning to Boston.

Reply to Msg #1442
Back to Topics

4553 reads

Message #1447 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Reedster  
Date:  12/14/05, 1:37pm
Actuallt, Nomar has expressed an interest in changing positions. Giambi is going to be the DH next year... there is most definitely a spot at first, if the money is right, and Nomar wants it.

Reply to Msg #1447
Back to Topics

4551 reads

Message #1461 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Date:  12/15/05, 8:24pm
Besides the Yankees, three other teams are interested in Nomar. According to Fox Sports, they are the Astros, Indians, and Dodgers. Dodger GM, Ned Coletti has reportedly asked Nomar if he'd like to switch to the outfield.

Out of the four teams, the Astros is probably the best fit. He would get more playing time at shortstop and his wife, Mia Hamm, is from Austin.

Reply to Msg #1461
Back to Topics

4548 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter