BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40590
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Dodgers & NFL Reportedly Discussed Becoming Neighbors " Thread

Message #1575 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Dodgers & NFL Reportedly Discussed Becoming Neighbors
Date:  12/29/05, 6:59pm
Frank McCourt may be interested in becoming an NFL owner if negotiations don't work out between the L.A. Coliseum and Anaheim. If that happens, the McCourts reportedly want to build a football stadium in Chavez Ravine. Though, right now, the NFL is leaning towards letting a team play at the Coliseum, but they have until March to decide.

I'm not much of a traditionalist (change is good sometimes), but I don't like the idea of a football field next to Dodger Stadium. Whenever I see the Dodgers play a home game, I love the full baseball atmosphere that comes along with it and putting a football stadium next to it might taint that reputation a little bit. Somehow, it doesn't look right when cities (i.e. Oakland and Kansas City) put sports stadiums next to each other. Besides, a renovated Coliseum or Rose Bowl would be a good enough place to house an NFL team.

Reply to Msg #1575
Back to Topics

1549 reads

805 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

Diary of A Baseball Geek

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter