BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39404
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Anaheim Stadium may dump the Angels if they continue to refer to themselves as from Los Angeles " Thread

Message #1596 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Anaheim Stadium may dump the Angels if they continue to refer to themselves as from Los Angeles
Date:  1/04/06, 8:33pm
I am all for this... as much as I dislike the "Angles," I am in complete agreement. In fact, I can say that my dislike for the Angels was solidified the day Arte Moreno added Los Angeles in front of the Angel name AND started those offensive "The A Team" and "L.A.'s Team" commercial spots.

Unfortunately, the reality is money... and I figure that Anaheim Stadium is under Moreno's thumb... they'll cave.

Reply to Msg #1596
Back to Topics

4288 reads

1631 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #1597 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Anaheim Stadium may dump the Angels if they continue to refer to themselves as from Los Angeles
Date:  1/4/06, 10:03pm
Anaheim better cave in before Arte Moreno decides to move the Angels out of Orange County altogether. Moreno is not a guy who can easily be intimidated. He fought vigorously in court so he can have the rights to call his team the L.A. Angels of Anaheim. Though, like Chris Berman, I prefer to call them the L.A./Anaheim/Irvine/San Juan Capistrano Angels. If Anaheim doesn't drop its threat, then it's possible that Moreno may move the team to L.A. for real.

Reply to Msg #1597
Back to Topics

5002 reads

Message #1600 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Anaheim Stadium may dump the Angels if they continue to refer to themselves as from Los Angeles
Date:  1/4/06, 10:54pm
Rob, if I were the Angels, I would have never wanted to be called the LA Angels of Anahiem. Everyone knows that the main team in LA is the Dodgers & always has been. Having LA in front of the Angels' makes the Angels sound like they are desperate & starved for attention. To me this also autimatically makes them sound like that "other team from LA". Kind of like the Clippers. Having the name Anahiem Angels, instead of the LA Angels of Anahiem makes it sound like that they have their own home & in my opinion seperates them from having that "little brother" syndrome that the Dodgers would have over them if they kept the LA Angels of Anahiem name. The Angels should seperate themelves from being attached to Los Angeles, because the Dodgers are already & always have been the baseball team of LA. If I were the Angels, I would want to establish my own separate identity. They could be that baseball team that resides separately between the city of Los Angeles & San Diego.

Reply to Msg #1600
Back to Topics

4999 reads

Message #1603 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
Reedster  
Date:  1/5/06, 3:57pm
There was a credible backlash against this move whenever I went to an Angel game last year (well, I only went to three).

I, of course, always wore my Dodger hat... and, I would always tell the Angel fans that I was only wearing "our" teams logo. This didn't go over well, but -- in the end -- even I could get along with Angel fans who also hated the L.A. idea.

There were also a number of t-shirts and stickers that protested...

Reply to Msg #1603
Back to Topics

4999 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter