BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39316
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "International Baseball Federation (IBAF) threatens to revoke sanctioning of WBC if Cuba is kept out " Thread

Message #1615 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  International Baseball Federation (IBAF) threatens to revoke sanctioning of WBC if Cuba is kept out
Date:  1/06/06, 11:53pm
The IBAF, which is baseball's world governing body, may refuse to sanction the WBC if the U.S. refuses to let Cuba participate in it. This is significant since it could lead to the cancellation of the games altogether. These threats by the IBAF may seem a little harsh, but I have believed all along that Cuba should definitely be allowed to play in the WBC. International sports competition is about unity between the nations, not division. Like the embargo, it hurts the Cuban people more than Fidel Castro.

So, I say: LET THEM PLAY!!!

Reply to Msg #1615
Back to Topics

2340 reads

1020 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #1616 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: International Baseball Federation (IBAF) threatens to revoke sanctioning of WBC if Cuba is kept out
Date:  1/7/06, 1:45am
I agree regarding just letting them play. The Cuban team is a good team, and failing to include them will diminish the quality of the games, in my opinion.

Let the best play. Let the result determine the best of the best.

Reply to Msg #1616
Back to Topics

3073 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter