BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39992
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Netherlands Adds Mark Mulder, Dan Haren, and Shea Hillenbrand To Roster " Thread

Message #1749 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Netherlands Adds Mark Mulder, Dan Haren, and Shea Hillenbrand To Roster
Date:  1/18/06, 7:05pm
This is totally unfair and I don't understand why very little fuss is being made out of this and Piazza playing for Italy. At the same time, just about all the baseball analysts were making a big deal out of the possibility that A-Rod would compete for the Dominican. There's definitely a double standard here. Mulder was actually born in South Holland-ILLINOIS, that is.. How does that qualify him to play for the Netherlands?

Reply to Msg #1749
Back to Topics

2304 reads

937 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #1762 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
familyman  
Subject:  Re: Netherlands Adds Mark Mulder, Dan Haren, and Shea Hillenbrand To Roster
Date:  1/19/06, 8:08pm
I agree, Jaydawg, this is getting silly. I am powerfully proud of my own heritage, but I wouldn't choose to play for Russia or Poland in the WBC. If this were the Olympics, these players wouldn't even consider playing elsewhere. Really, Holland? Since when do the Dutch toss the old hardball around?

Reply to Msg #1762
Back to Topics

2971 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter