BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40000
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "PlayerTrack Top 10 Fantasy Shortstops from 2005 " Thread

Message #1942 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  PlayerTrack Top 10 Fantasy Shortstops from 2005
Date:  2/02/06, 2:40pm
This is one of the first entries in our new MLB blog... hopefully, this will generate more users and conversation here.

There is a lot of controversy here, so I expect to get bashed. But, I remind you... come bash me come September (when the results will be all the proof I need!!!!!).

Reply to Msg #1942
Back to Topics

1108 reads

737 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #1943 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: PlayerTrack Top 10 Fantasy Shortstops from 2005
Date:  2/2/06, 6:19pm
Great analysis, but I think Clint Barmes might be a little too high on the list. Michael Young has all the tools except for speed, but he normally hits for a high average and has more power, so I'd place him right after Jeter. I think you're right about Felipe Lopez. He has all-around potential and could be the best sleeper pick of the season. Bill Hall may surprise a lot of people as well.

Reply to Msg #1943
Back to Topics

4890 reads

Message #1948 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Guest6301 (IP: 69.141.76.197)  
Date:  2/3/06, 7:56am
I'd put Crosby on the list and get rid of Aurilia, who won't play enough to help this year. If I'm reading right PlayerTrack is a "pure" type of list because it's based solely on what the player has already Done. Kind of refreshing from the "experts" lists.

Reply to Msg #1948
Back to Topics

4886 reads

Message #1949 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Guest6301 (IP: 69.141.76.197)
Reedster  
Date:  2/3/06, 9:36am
>I'd put Crosby on the list and get rid of Aurilia, who won't
>play enough to help this year. If I'm reading right
>PlayerTrack is a "pure" type of list because it's based solely
>on what the player has already Done. Kind of refreshing from
>the "experts" lists.

Crosby, in fact, makes the PlayerTrack list at #11. As we mentioned in the podcast, Crosby had the number one ranking among shortstops for runs scored. Good potential there...

I created PlayerTrack because I was always listening to "pundits" about who was picked to click... and they were usually wrong. Recent, past success is the key, so the only sure thing shortstops that I can think of are Michael Young and, yes, Felipe Lopez.

Thanks for your comments on playertrack... and good luck with your fantasy league(s) this year.

Reply to Msg #1949
Back to Topics

4886 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter