BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40466
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Nomar backs out of playing for Mexico " Thread

Message #1955 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Nomar backs out of playing for Mexico
Date:  2/03/06, 9:50pm
Nomar made the right decision, as his primary focus should be to learn how to play first base, which Eddie Murray is already instructing him to do. I've never liked the idea of someone competing for a country where he/she is neither native-born or a citizen. South Africa's Zola Budd turned me off of that kind of concept when she competed for the U.K. in the '84 Summer Olympics. Remember when she deliberately tripped Mary Decker just before crossing the finish line?
However, I'm beginning to understand why Bud Selig allows players to compete for countries they have heritage in. It's to gain more worldwide exposure for baseball, which is definitely a good thing. But, I still haven't heard an explanation as to why the Netherlands chose Dan Haren for their squad when the guy has no Dutch heritage whatsoever.

Reply to Msg #1955
Back to Topics

1465 reads

1051 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter