BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40459
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "The Phillies and White Sox are rumored to be in trade talks involving Bobby Abreu and Gavin Floyd for Jermaine Dye and Jose Contreras " Thread

Message #1958 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  The Phillies and White Sox are rumored to be in trade talks involving Bobby Abreu and Gavin Floyd for Jermaine Dye and Jose Contreras
Date:  2/03/06, 10:20pm
This would be a horrible move on Philly's part. Contreras is a reliable pitcher, but Jermaine Dye will not put up his '05 numbers ever again. He'll do fine next season, but he had a career year last year as far as I'm concerned. Besides, Dye has never had Abreu's Hall of Fame type of potential.

Reply to Msg #1958
Back to Topics

2319 reads

1181 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #1969 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: The Phillies and White Sox are rumored to be in trade talks involving Bobby Abreu and Gavin Floyd for Jermaine Dye and Jose Contreras
Date:  2/4/06, 9:39am
According to today's Chicago Tribune, White Sox GM Ken Williams denied reports that he's trading for Abreu. If I were Williams, I'd go all out and see if Philly seriously wants to make the trade. After all, they sent Jim Thome to the White Sox for Aaron Rowand, which was definitely a bonehead move for the Phillies.

Reply to Msg #1969
Back to Topics

2977 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter