BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40066
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Pitching still Braves' trademark " Thread

Message #204 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Boogaman  
Subject:  Pitching still Braves' trademark
Date:  2/24/04, 11:51pm

Reply to Msg #204
Back to Topics

5491 reads

912 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #205 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Boogaman
Boogaman  
Subject:  Re: Pitching still Braves' trademar
Date:  2/24/04, 11:54pm
My fingers are crossed

Reply to Msg #205
Back to Topics

7234 reads

Message #206 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Date:  2/29/04, 3:48pm
I hate to sound negative Boogaman, but it is over for the Braves! To me, there's no way to replace Sheffield, Lopez, Castilla, & some of the other players they have ridded of in the past couple of seasons. That has worked for them in past seasons during their success, but I believe it will finally come back to bite them in the ass this season. Sooner or lator their bubble will burst & they'll fall flat on their face! I hope I'm wrong! I have become tired of the Braves getting rid of players over the years that I loved playing for the Braves. Players like, McGriff, Sheffield, Klesko, Lofton, Grissom, Justice, Gant, Lemke, Dye, & I know I'm leaving out a few others. I know that's business & part of baseball & it's salary structure, but I have become disenchanted with it. I guarantee you Sherholtz will find away to get rid of Furcal, Andruw Jones, & Chipper Jones over the next season or two & no matter whether it is business or not, I'll become even more disgusted.

Reply to Msg #206
Back to Topics

7234 reads

Message #207 of 6634  *NEW*
Reedster  
Date:  3/2/04, 3:38pm
I don't think that there is anyway that the Braves will give away those three players. They are the Braves core, right now.It is very interesting how the Braves of the 90s were as good as they were primarily because of their pitching... and, now, the Braves are depending upon their offense.

Reply to Msg #207
Back to Topics

126 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter