BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39377
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Sosa Reports To Spring Training " Thread

Message #211 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Boogaman  
Subject:  Sosa Reports To Spring Training
Date:  2/25/04, 6:32pm
Sosa reports to spring training. From my take on this story, if Bonds reaches Aarons record then Aaron may come out of retirement? If not how is Aarons mark going to increase before Sosa reaches it.

Reply to Msg #211
Back to Topics

6133 reads

1213 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #212 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Boogaman
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Sosa Reports To Spring Trainin
Date:  2/28/04, 1:51am
Aaron may be 70 years old, but I wouldn't be surprised if he still has some home runs left in him. Satchel Paige pitched when he was in his 60's, so I wouldn't object to 'Ol Hammerin' Hank coming out of retirement. Hank broke Ruth's record a few months before I was born and it would be thrilling to actually see him for myself in the batter's box. But, in reality, he probably hasn't taken any swings in a batting cage in years, so the possibility of a comeback is very slim. I've always thought of Barry Bonds as a cheap-shot artist and too much of a braggadocio, even when he was with Pittsburgh. For this reason and because he plays for the team with those ugly Halloween costumes, I'll be rooting against Ba-Bo in his quest to become the Home Run King. In my humble opinion, the player most worthy of breaking Hank Aaron's record is Sammy Sosa.

Reply to Msg #212
Back to Topics

6916 reads

Message #213 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Date:  2/29/04, 3:33pm
I agree Jaydawg!

Reply to Msg #213
Back to Topics

6916 reads

Message #214 of 6634  *NEW*
Reedster  
Date:  3/2/04, 3:36pm
Jaydawg said: "I've always thought of Barry Bonds as a cheap-shot artist and too much of a braggadocio..."Absolutely true... but what I admire about him is that he can "walk the walk."He is the best player in baseball in the last thirty years, without question.

Reply to Msg #214
Back to Topics

6913 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter