BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39354
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "ARod Deal Good For Baseball???????? " Thread

Message #215 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Boogaman  
Subject:  ARod Deal Good For Baseball????????
Date:  2/25/04, 6:39pm
Selig states as he signs off on this trade, "I will not let cash transactions of this magnitude become the norm."Hell No! Of course you won't but you will allow it for the Yanks. Why not go ahead and bend rules for the Yanks to win? Why not just contract every other team in the whole stinking game and only have one stinking team.Selig, you are an IDIOT!

Reply to Msg #215
Back to Topics

7478 reads

2907 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #216 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Boogaman
Boogaman  
Subject:  Re: ARod Deal Good For Baseball???????
Date:  2/25/04, 6:47pm
You know in the early 80's I read an article about Japanese baseball as I had a nephew playing in the Japanese leagues and I liked to follow his progress. I read an article of how big baseball was over there and how the Giants(?) was suppossed to win every year and it was like a disgrace to beat them. I don't know the truth of this but it seems as if American Baseball is beginning to follow suit and without a competetive balance baseball has become a farce. It is a disgrace for the Yankees to not win anymore and the state of baseball today is a sham and a shame.

Reply to Msg #216
Back to Topics

8330 reads

Message #217 of 6634  *NEW*
Reedster  
Date:  2/26/04, 4:32pm
Steinbrenner still had his money in the early 80's, and he still paid the big bucks for a very lousy team.Still, how can Selig say he won't allow these cash transactions to become the norm? They have become the norm.The only way he can put some meaning into his statements is to follow it up with "And, starting next season, we will be implementing a salary cap."

Reply to Msg #217
Back to Topics

8328 reads

Message #218 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Date:  2/29/04, 3:29pm
The financial situation for baseball won't be good at all until there is a salary cap that is strictly enforced!

Reply to Msg #218
Back to Topics

8327 reads

Message #219 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Date:  2/29/04, 4:28pm
Oh yeah, the Yankees can go to hell!

Reply to Msg #219
Back to Topics

8324 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter