BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40523
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "It's Spring, which means Sheffield is going to announce his displeasure at something or other " Thread

Message #2244 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  It's Spring, which means Sheffield is going to announce his displeasure at something or other
Date:  2/25/06, 12:02pm
Sheffield was angry over television reports about a meeting earlier this week during which New York general manager Brian Cashman said the team would likely pick up his $13 million option for next season.

"The way it looked on TV, it made me look like I was 2 years old," Sheffield said, "like I can't go into a room, be told something and then tell you what I was told. If I come out of the room positive, are they playing games with me or something? You're supposed to be positive if your general manager comes out and says there's a possibility they'll pick up your option. They don't see no reason not to. I produced for two years. What else do you want me to do?"

There is a reason that bookies don't have a bet as to whether Sheffield will have some kind of tantrum in Spring Training. This is because it is guaranteed.

Reply to Msg #2244
Back to Topics

1851 reads

1021 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2250 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: It's Spring, which means Sheffield is going to announce his displeasure at something or other
Date:  2/25/06, 3:54pm
As much as I agree with you about Sheffield's tantrums, I would love it if he told the Yankees to shove it. Only this one time around do I love Sheffield's bitching & moaning.

Reply to Msg #2250
Back to Topics

3125 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter