BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40166
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Baseball Podcast #8 is now online... link goes to download of podcast" Thread

Message #2252 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Baseball Podcast #8 is now online... link goes to download of podcast
Date:  2/25/06, 10:14pm
This week's show: Spring training news; NL East predictions; Top 10 PlayerTrack outfielders of 2005; False Rumors

52 mins, 5 seconds

Reply to Msg #2252
Back to Topics

4359 reads

732 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2255 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Baseball Podcast #8 is now online... link goes to download of podcast
Date:  2/26/06, 6:19am
Another great podcast guys! I enjoy listening. As for the outfielders, your right. There are just way too many. You could of dedicated the whole podcast just on that subject alone. I believe there were some other guys worth mentioning there, but I hope they are players that a lot of fantasy leaguers will overlook or forget about. I'm not mentioning any names, but I know who they are.

Reply to Msg #2255
Back to Topics

5836 reads

Message #2262 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Baseball Podcast #8 is now online... link goes to download of podcast
Date:  2/26/06, 11:39am (Last Edited: 2/26/06, 11:42am)
As usual, terrific broadcast. Since the number of listeners keeps going up (1100+ from BGP #7), perhaps a Baseball Geeks Radio Network could eventually be in the works. You never know...

The N.L. East predictions were pretty much on the mark. As you both said, the Mets are the obvious favorite for first and the Braves and Phillies should battle it out for second. If anybody wishes to chime in on this subject or any other division predictions, go to the "Debate" topic section.

But, I imagine you're going to hear some commotion concerning playertrack.com's top 10 Outfielders. Reggie Sanders at #3? When he plays, which is rare, he's hot, but he's riding the pine most of the time. Also, I'm not so sure if Johnny Gomes and Matt Holliday deserve to be placed before guys like Abreu, Manny, Ichiro, Miguel Cabrera, Andruw Jones, Hideki Matsui, Carlos Lee, Jim Edmonds, and Carl Crawford. But, playertrack.com did help the Reedster win the division in a big money league last year, so anything is possible. There are so many quality outfielders out there that it's so difficult to say who belongs where. So, in essence, everybody should have a different take on this. All other top predictions for position players make perfect sense for the most part. But, then again, if I had a choice between Reggie Sanders and Bobby Abreu, I'd take Abreu. Wouldn't you?

Reply to Msg #2262
Back to Topics

5831 reads

Message #2265 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Reedster  
Subject:  Reggie Sanders
Date:  2/26/06, 11:56am (Last Edited: 2/26/06, 11:58am)
I am always reiterating this, but it holds true. This isn't about who we think you should pick this year. This is about seeing what happened last season -- i.e., who were the best players last season.

Sanders definitely deserves Top 3 consideration among OFs, last year. As we pointed out, in less than 300 ABs, he had 21 HRs and 14 SBs with a .271 average. The average, of course, was somewhat lacking for a top guy.

If you assume that the average players gets about 650 ABs a season, imagine what the RBI and HR numbers could have been.

Of course, the issue is whether Sanders can or will play a full season. This answer has to be NO. He is 38 years old. He has been playing consistently since 1992.

He has only had more than 500 ABs ONE time in his career (2002). He averages 390 ABs a season.

But, I (and PlayerTrack) still give credit where credit is due. Very few in the league tore it up like Sanders did when he was healthy last year.

Reply to Msg #2265
Back to Topics

5826 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

Diary of A Baseball Geek

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter