BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40144
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "(Alfonso Soriano or Nick Johnson) and Ryan Church to the Bosox for Arroyo or Clement " Thread

Message #2295 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Anonymous  
Subject:  (Alfonso Soriano or Nick Johnson) and Ryan Church to the Bosox for Arroyo or Clement
Date:  2/27/06, 4:01pm
Interesting rumor out there today.

Reply to Msg #2295
Back to Topics

7066 reads

1188 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2298 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Anonymous
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: (Alfonso Soriano or Nick Johnson) and Ryan Church to the Bosox for Arroyo or Clement
Date:  2/27/06, 7:03pm
I don't understand why the Nats picked up Soriano in the first place when they already have Jose Vidro occupying second base. If I were Washington, I'd work out a deal for Matt Clement. Bronson Arroyo has his moments, but he's pretty inconsistent. He threw pretty wild in some games last summer.

Reply to Msg #2298
Back to Topics

7712 reads

Message #2301 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
redsoxchick  
Subject:  Re: (Alfonso Soriano or Nick Johnson) and Ryan Church to the Bosox for Arroyo or Clement
Date:  2/27/06, 7:50pm
Someday I'll get the hang of "signing in" here. The comment by "anonymous" about Arroyo's and Clement's salaries was from me.

Arroyo IS the all-around better deal for the Nationals, but I don't see why the Red Sox would do a deal like this with the players involved. They certainly don't need Soriano or Johnson (or Church, really).

Reply to Msg #2301
Back to Topics

7710 reads

Message #2304 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Anonymous
Guest7470 (IP: 69.141.76.197)  
Date:  2/27/06, 5:55pm
That actually makes sense. The Nationals lost Lawrence for the year, and Soriano won't go to the outfield. The Red Sox could just plug Papelbon into the rotation and be fine. Soriano would go crazy in Fenway.

Reply to Msg #2304
Back to Topics

4300 reads

Message #2306 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Guest7484 (IP: 24.62.130.111)  
Date:  2/27/06, 7:45pm
I think Arroyo's appeal to Washington is more his paycheck than anything else. Clement has $9.5 million a year for the next two years owed to him...Bronson just signed a deal that gives him $10.5 over the next three years. I don't think the Nats want to pay Clement that kind of money if they could get Arroyo for so much less.

Arroyo is also fairly effective out of the 'pen and he works better under pressure. From a 'fangirl' point of view, I'd rather Arroyo stay with the team. He's pretty reliable (Clement went downhill pretty quickly last season and never really recovered, starting just before he got beaned by that Carl Crawford line drive in Tampa Bay), and after basically taking a discount because he wants to be in Boston, well what Red Sox fan wouldn't love that?

Reply to Msg #2306
Back to Topics

7704 reads

Message #2393 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  redsoxchick
Reedster  
Date:  3/4/06, 9:20am
>Someday I'll get the hang of "signing in" here. The comment
>by "anonymous" about Arroyo's and Clement's salaries was from
>me.

To make it easier, I will probably add the ability to login at the same time as posting... hopefully soon.

>Arroyo IS the all-around better deal for the Nationals, but I
>don't see why the Red Sox would do a deal like this with the
>players involved. They certainly don't need Soriano or
>Johnson (or Church, really).

Ah, comon. You just don't want Bronson to go to another city. The Nats don't play the Bosox in interleague play, do they?

Reply to Msg #2393
Back to Topics

7700 reads

Message #2398 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
redsoxchick  
Date:  3/4/06, 10:53am
>Ah, comon. You just don't want Bronson to go to another city.
> The Nats don't play the Bosox in interleague play, do they?
>

Actually, they do. And I'll be in Fenway for at least one of those games. :-)

Reply to Msg #2398
Back to Topics

7699 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter