BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40056
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Fans and Congress are outraged over Buck O'Neil's exclusion from the Hall of Fame " Thread

Message #2340 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Fans and Congress are outraged over Buck O'Neil's exclusion from the Hall of Fame
Date:  3/01/06, 7:39pm
Buck O'Neil is one of the all-time greats from the Negro Leagues and he's also one of the best ambassadors that the game has ever known. He mentored several current Hall of Famers, especially Ernie Banks and Lou Brock. It boggles my mind as to how he has been kept away from Cooperstown all these years. Minnie Minoso's exclusion is also a mystery to me. No disrespect to the Negro Leaguers who made it in, but in all honesty, I've never heard of most of them. Hopefully, baseball will correct this injustice soon.

Reply to Msg #2340
Back to Topics

3544 reads

1451 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2345 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Fans and Congress are outraged over Buck O'Neil's exclusion from the Hall of Fame
Date:  3/1/06, 10:01pm
Like I said last week, Buck deserves to go for the Baseball documentary, alone.

What is best about Buck is that he SHOWS NO BITTERNESS. I am amazed at his integrity and character. Even after getting snubbed, he showed the class of a gentleman that I can only HOPE to be.

A class act should get credited while he is alive. He should know that he is not only appreciated by Congress and the fans. He should know he is appreciated by the media and his peers.

Reply to Msg #2345
Back to Topics

4350 reads

Message #2386 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
neoprene_darts  
Subject:  Re: Fans and Congress are outraged over Buck O'Neil's exclusion from the Hall of Fame
Date:  3/3/06, 8:11pm
I was very disappointed that Buck didn't get in. He's an amazingly classy guy, and he's lived and breathed baseball. As an All Star in the Negro Leagues, the first African American coach in the Majors, Negor League historian, the driving force behind the Negro League Hall of Fame Museum in Kansas City, and ambassador for the game of baseball. Quite frankly, I don't see how you can call it the Hall of Fame without him. Hopefully they will come to their senses soon and let him in while he is still with us. Now that will be an acceptance speech that no baseball fan will want to miss.

Reply to Msg #2386
Back to Topics

3939 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter