BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40220
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Who Will Win The WBC? " Thread

Message #2413 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Who Will Win The WBC?
Date:  3/05/06, 11:45am
The WBC will help bring a lot more worldwide attention to America's pastime, but other than the U.S. and Dominican, I don't think it will be very competitive. The Dominican Republic obviously has some of the hottest hitters from the MLB, but the U.S. has the whole package with top quality pitching from top to bottom. It will be close in the end, but the Americans will win it all. They should breeze through the early rounds against Canada and South Africa. Mexico will give the U.S. a good contest, but they're hitting isn't even close to the Americans and the Dominicans.

Reply to Msg #2413
Back to Topics

4533 reads

1768 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2418 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
attacksquad  
Subject:  Re: Who Will Win The WBC?
Date:  3/5/06, 2:23pm
Did you know that the other night, Peter Gammons picked Japan to win it all? Harold Reynolds picked the U.S. I always stick with Harold for the most part because he was such a smart hitter and an intiligent baseball player. The U.S. or Venezuela will win. Can't wait to see what happens.

Reply to Msg #2418
Back to Topics

5223 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

attacksquad's Blog

Message #2422 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Reedster  
Date:  3/5/06, 4:32pm
With the South Koreans beating Japan today, I think any ideas of Japan winning the whole thing has gone out the window.

The Dominican team is in shambles due to player defections. It will be between the U.S. team and Cuba, I'm thinking.

I would put my money on the U.S.

Reply to Msg #2422
Back to Topics

5219 reads

Message #2434 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
The Olde English Ds  
Date:  3/6/06, 4:38am
graphic
Cuba is a team to watch out for. They play together regularly and were not just thrown together at the last moment for the WBC. Reedster is correct that it will come down to the US and Cuba. I have to pick the underdog Cuba team to win. Cuba has extra motivation going into the tournament...I heard they were upset about some kind of embargo or something of that nature. Does anyone know anything about this?

OE

--------------------------------------------------------
Go Tigers!!!
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #2434
Back to Topics

5218 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter