BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40588
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Kirby Puckett, dead, at the age of 44 " Thread

Message #2439 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Kirby Puckett, dead, at the age of 44
Date:  3/06/06, 5:58pm

Reply to Msg #2439
Back to Topics

3591 reads

1749 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2443 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
familyman  
Subject:  Re: Kirby Puckett, dead, at the age of 44
Date:  3/6/06, 8:25pm
Kirby Puckett played half-the country away from me, but he was easily one of my favorite players. When the Twins were in the Series, winning twice, I saw them as Puck's teams. He was a fantastic, all-around player who did everything well despite looking like a fire hydrant.

What's sad is how he left life. Not just because it was early but because he seemed so unhappy. He apparently ballooned in weight to over 300 pounds and was recently involved in very personal issues. He needed help, though it's possible that a lot of folks reached out to him since he did get engaged recently.

I will remember is effervescent personality, his smile while playing a game he loved. I know he's punching a double up the gap in heaven and stretching it out into a triple to help his beloved team get another improbable win. Rest in peace, Puck.

Reply to Msg #2443
Back to Topics

4339 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

Diary of A Baseball Geek

Message #2445 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  familyman
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Kirby Puckett, dead, at the age of 44
Date:  3/6/06, 10:13pm
He was truly one of the all time greats & a great ambassador to the game of baseball. He was a class act & one of the good guys. His lifetime AVG. was 318. He hit 207 home runs. He was a 10 time all star & a 2 time World Series champ.

It is heartbreaking the way he went out.

R.I.P. Kirby Puckett.

Reply to Msg #2445
Back to Topics

4337 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter