BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39140
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Just in time for his reality show: new book details Bonds' everyday taking of hardcore steroids " Thread

Message #2448 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Just in time for his reality show: new book details Bonds' everyday taking of hardcore steroids
Date:  3/07/06, 12:02pm
Front page news on cnn.com. Holy moley... this doesn't look good. And, worse, the article was written by two San Francisco Chronicle writers (not L.A. Times writers, as one might suspect).

It will be very interesting to see how this shakes out.

Reply to Msg #2448
Back to Topics

3665 reads

1759 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2453 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Just in time for his reality show: new book details Bonds' everyday taking of hardcore steroids
Date:  3/7/06, 8:04pm
A year ago, Jose Canseco was ridiculed for even suggesting that Bonds, McGwire, and Palmeiro took the juice. In retrospect, Canseco now has the most credibility out of all the guys who testified in front of the Congressional Committee. What a difference a year makes.... It looks like the Canseco memoir, "Juiced", will do the same for baseball that Jim Bouton's "Ball Four" did. Both are controversial, but they brought attention to many shady happenings off the field and in the clubhouses. There's a rumor going around that Canseco is working on a new book called, "Vindicated".

Reply to Msg #2453
Back to Topics

4390 reads

Message #2456 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
attacksquad  
Subject:  Re: Just in time for his reality show: new book details Bonds' everyday taking of hardcore steroids
Date:  3/7/06, 10:25pm
I already pre-ordered mine off Amazon. Can't wait to read it. In response to Jaydawg's post about juiced, I said the same thing. The problem I have with Canseco is that his motive was more malicious even though in the big picture it will do some good. It is also hard reading about a guy you admired as a kid being such a fraud of a player. Did anyone else have that Bash Brothers Poster where te guys were dressed like Blues Brothers?

Reply to Msg #2456
Back to Topics

4390 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

attacksquad's Blog

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter