BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40090
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "In a recent BGeeks podcast, the Geeks said this is the year the Braves drop... this guy disagrees " Thread

Message #2458 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  In a recent BGeeks podcast, the Geeks said this is the year the Braves drop... this guy disagrees
Date:  3/08/06, 08:20am
The Atlanta Braves were the NL East division champions, are the NL East division champs and will be the division champs until they notify us they are ready to abdicate the throne room.

"I don't know if I'd go that far," Braves ace John Smoltz says, chuckling.

Oh, yes. Absolutely. Without any doubt, suspicion or equivocation.

At 14 consecutive division titles -- the first three in the NL West -- and counting, including last year's youth-infused jaw-dropper, there can be no doubting the Braves. General manager John Schuerholz is a magician. Manager Bobby Cox is a snake-charmer. Smoltz is a miracle worker.

"I haven't been here that long but, in the five years, I think, that I have been around, every spring it's the same story: This is probably the year we're going to fall," second baseman Marcus Giles says. "I think when I came in, we had won 10 in a row. Now it's 14.

Reply to Msg #2458
Back to Topics

2641 reads

1676 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2476 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
The Olde English Ds  
Subject:  Re: In a recent BGeeks podcast, the Geeks said this is the year the Braves drop... this guy disagrees
Date:  3/9/06, 8:35am
graphic
I have to agree...I'll pick against the Braves once another team in the NL East proves they can dethrone them. Until then they get my utmost respect. I realize they have to lose the division at some point, but I wouldn't be surprised if they won again this year.

--------------------------------------------------------
Go Tigers!!!
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #2476
Back to Topics

3283 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter