BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40234
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "San Antonio's Bexar County offers two-thirds of the price to build new stadium, contingent on voter approval " Thread

Message #2494 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  San Antonio's Bexar County offers two-thirds of the price to build new stadium, contingent on voter approval
Date:  3/09/06, 7:18pm
It looks like San Antonio is the most serious out of all the teams trying to entice the Marlins out of South Florida. Baseball would definitely do well in the S.A.-Austin metropolitan area, as they support the NBA Spurs in good times and bad. Also, it happens to be in my favorite part of Texas---- a "blue" dot in a big "red" sea, as Molly Ivins calls it.

Reply to Msg #2494
Back to Topics

5849 reads

1527 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2500 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
attacksquad  
Subject:  Re: San Antonio's Bexar County offers two-thirds of the price to build new stadium, contingent on voter approval
Date:  3/9/06, 10:26pm
San Antonio would be great. There is already a Dodger's minor league afiliate there though, the Missions. What would become of them I wonder? Plus, this would save me a trip to Houston or Dallas to see a game. I am all for them. San Antonio has real fans unlike those bandwagon, wannabe trendy South Beach-Florida fans. Half of Florida, if not more, are not even native Floridians. Here in Texas, we support our teams, small market or big market. Even during the bad times, we show up to complain if nothing else. And for the beer of course. Bring on the Marlins I say!!!All aboard the D Train to SA-Town baby!!!

Reply to Msg #2500
Back to Topics

6620 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

attacksquad's Blog

Message #2502 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Guest8285 (IP: 72.177.10.89)  
Subject:  Re: San Antonio's Bexar County offers two-thirds of the price to build new stadium, contingent on voter approval
Date:  3/9/06, 10:24pm
San Antonio would be great. There is already a Dodger's minor league afiliate there though, the Missions. What would become of them I wonder? Plus, this would save me a trip to Houston or Dallas to see a game. I am all for them. San Antonio has real fans unlike those bandwagon, wannabe trendy South Beach-Florida fans. Half of Florida, if not more, are not even native Floridians. Here in Texas, we support our teams, small market or big market. Even during the bad times, we show up to complain if nothing else. And for the beer of course. Bring on the Marlins I say!!!

Reply to Msg #2502
Back to Topics

6616 reads

Message #2503 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  attacksquad
Guest8325 (IP: 69.141.76.197)  
Date:  3/10/06, 7:56am
Hey Attacksquad, if you're from the San Antonio area, would you want a retractable roof on the new stadium? How bad is the heat in the summer, and how much rain?

Reply to Msg #2503
Back to Topics

6616 reads

Message #2612 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  attacksquad's Blog Thread
attacksquad  
Date:  3/16/06, 9:51pm
It doesn't rain too much there is San Antone'. It is humid as hell. I just hope they use real grass. It makes no difference to me about the retractable roof.

Reply to Msg #2612
Back to Topics

6614 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter