BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39212
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Alfonso Soriano STILL Refuses To Play Outfield " Thread

Message #2660 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Alfonso Soriano STILL Refuses To Play Outfield
Date:  3/20/06, 8:02pm
Alfonso Soriano refused to play today in an exhibition game after he was already penciled in to take the left-field position. This is getting ridiculous. The way he's acting, no team--the good ones at least-- will be willing to sign him to a good long-term contract. Even Barry Bonds would play the assigned position until he'd get a trade. These kind of antics should entitle Soriano a spot in the Hall of Shame.

Reply to Msg #2660
Back to Topics

3354 reads

clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2666 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
The Olde English Ds  
Subject:  Re: Alfonso Soriano STILL Refuses To Play Outfield
Date:  3/21/06, 7:53am
graphic
I totally agree with Jaydawg on this on. Soriano is officially taking on A-hole status. Just grab your glove run out to left field and then strike out a bunch of times. Occassionally hit some home runs to justify the $10 million you are being paid. Rediculuous.

--------------------------------------------------------
Go Tigers!!!
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #2666
Back to Topics

4064 reads

Message #2674 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
attacksquad  
Subject:  Re: Alfonso Soriano STILL Refuses To Play Outfield
Date:  3/21/06, 12:01pm
Now I am on the "this is getting stupid" bandwagon. Before, I posted that the Nationals should have known this before. They still are part to blame, knowing that Soriano was not a good defensive 2B and refused to play OF for Texas. That's partly why he was traded. That being said, Soriano is not being an adult about this. Lots of little Dominicanos look up to him. I don't think he is aware of this right now or cares. This is yet more bad press for baseball. At least this is not steroids or Bonds related for once. Soriano can be replaced just like anyone else in any position in this league. If he doesn't show up and play OF, I say pull and T.O. move on his ass and bench him or DQ him without pay. Continue to own him so no one else can get him. Entertain offers of course, because he has now become a cancer that needs to be rid of should he refuse to play. I know as a player on the Nationals, he would have a hard time in the locker room with me. He'd better not say anything or look at me funny. He would have to earn his respect from ground zero. Stuff like this really bothers me. I really liked him as a young player with the Yankees.

Reply to Msg #2674
Back to Topics

4063 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

attacksquad's Blog

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter