BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40556
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Top 20 Sleepers of 2006 " Thread

Message #2661 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Top 20 Sleepers of 2006
Date:  3/20/06, 8:20pm
I agree with all of these sleeper picks, with the exception of Greg Maddux. He's turning 40 next month and I don't see him putting up one of his usual Cy Young years, but I expect an improvement from last year. One pitcher that should've been included is Zach Duke, who had quite an impressive showing for the lackluster Pirates down the stretch in '05. With the improved lineup and management in Pittsburgh, Duke should fluorish this year. Matt Holliday, Josh Willingham, and a couple of others on the list have been mentioned on the Baseball Geeks Podcast at various points as being possible sleepers.

Reply to Msg #2661
Back to Topics

2548 reads

917 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2672 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
attacksquad  
Subject:  Re: Top 20 Sleepers of 2006
Date:  3/21/06, 11:51am
I don't like sleeper lists. In the internet age, there is no such thing. There are a lot of fantasy baseball publications that have excellent info on lots of players, veterans and up and coming. Minor leaguers even have a buzz around them now a days. We even have guys podcasting fantasy baseball stuff, (wink wink). Spring trainign games are on ESPN and even local networks. There are websites like Player Trk and Fantasy Source by Sporting News, etc. It is just hard to draft someone no one knows about. I play in three leagues and all the listed "sleepers" are drafted from the middle rounds and up.

Reply to Msg #2672
Back to Topics

3381 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

attacksquad's Blog

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter