BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40219
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Save Tiger Stadium as scaled-down ballpark??? " Thread

Message #2718 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
The Olde English Ds  
Subject:  Save Tiger Stadium as scaled-down ballpark???
Date:  3/23/06, 1:00pm
graphic
Ah...the difficult question of what to do next with a historic stadium that has been replaced.

--------------------------------------------------------
Go Tigers!!!

Reply to Msg #2718
Back to Topics

3577 reads

1211 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2724 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  The Olde English Ds
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Save Tiger Stadium as scaled-down ballpark???
Date:  3/23/06, 7:16pm
With all due respect to Tiger fans, who are some of the most knowledgable ones in the game, Tiger Stadium was one of the worst ballparks ever built. When I visited the place in '93, I wondered why they hadn't torn it down years before. Just about every seat has an obstructed view and feels too tight to sit in. As a 5'9, 150 pounder, I was barely able to fit in a seat that seemed like it was built for midgets. But, I've heard rave reviews about Comerica Park and I'm sure it's a much more pleasant place to be in.

Reply to Msg #2724
Back to Topics

4181 reads

Message #2727 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
The Olde English Ds  
Subject:  Re: Save Tiger Stadium as scaled-down ballpark???
Date:  3/24/06, 4:53am
graphic
Of course Tiger Stadium is not a beautiful artistic structure. However, there is nostalgia involved transcending all reason. Countless childhood memories of going to the ballpark with your father, sitting way up in the center field upper deck bleachers on a hot summer day and watching the team press onward toward 100 losses season after season. All of the things you mentioned only added to the charm...unless you got screwed with the obstructed view tickets! That said...I like Comerica Park, but as of yet there is not the personal connection like there is to Tiger Stadium. This can be overcome with time and a winning team would help

Go Tigers!!!

Reply to Msg #2727
Back to Topics

4180 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter