BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40444
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Pete Rose is interested in becoming a manager in Japan " Thread

Message #2725 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Pete Rose is interested in becoming a manager in Japan
Date:  3/23/06, 7:35pm
Since Rose's gambling controversies had nothing to do with Japanese baseball, I say that he should get an opportunity to manage a team over there. I believe that Charlie Hustle also deserves a spot in the Hall of Fame. For you naysayers, I can give you 4,256 reasons why. However, I don't think he should be taken back into Major League Baseball as a manager, coach, scout, peanut vendor, or any other capacity because he bet on the game as a Reds manager. I went into this in a little more detail a while back and it's under the "Hall of Fame" category.

Reply to Msg #2725
Back to Topics

2591 reads

770 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2729 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
redsoxchick  
Subject:  Re: Pete Rose is interested in becoming a manager in Japan
Date:  3/24/06, 7:27am
I've taken many trips to the Hall of Fame...you can't turn a corner without seeing Rose's face. All of his accomplishments are there for everyone to see. The only thing NOT there is a plaque...and I'm fine with that.

He was banned from baseball for a damned good reason. He knew the consequences of what he was doing and continued doing it. So he gets no sympathy from me for not being honored with a plaque of his own.

Reply to Msg #2729
Back to Topics

3367 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter