BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40254
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Cubbies sign Derrek Lee to a five-year contract extension for $65 million " Thread

Message #3020 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Cubbies sign Derrek Lee to a five-year contract extension for $65 million
Date:  4/10/06, 7:16pm
Brilliant move for the north siders. All they need to do now is to find a quality pitcher who doesn't spend much of his time on the D.L. Back in '94 and '95, I saw D-Lee play single-A ball for the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes and was quite impressed. He hit a slider well over the center field fence into the parking lot. The other Quake who impressed me was their catcher, Raul Casanova, who had good defensive skills. I remember thinking at the time that Lee and Casanova would both make it to the big leagues, but D-Lee would have a much larger impact. None of the other players on that team stood out for for me and I can't recall ever hearing any of their names again.

Reply to Msg #3020
Back to Topics

1650 reads

1157 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter