BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40194
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "MLB draft order for 2006 has been determined; The Royals will pick first " Thread

Message #3143 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  MLB draft order for 2006 has been determined; The Royals will pick first
Date:  4/19/06, 8:46pm
Hopefully, K.C. will get lucky with their hot prospect pick this year, as they desperately need a good one. They made a few nice transactions during the offseason with their limited budget, so I have a feeling that their front office will take this year's draft very seriously.

Reply to Msg #3143
Back to Topics

8924 reads

666 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3144 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: MLB draft order for 2006 has been determined; The Royals will pick first
Date:  4/19/06, 8:51pm
I think the Royals should make a Top 20 list, and then select #21 as their first pick. The Royals are the Clippers of baseball.

Reply to Msg #3144
Back to Topics

9732 reads

Message #3149 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
The Olde English Ds  
Subject:  Re: MLB draft order for 2006 has been determined; The Royals will pick first
Date:  4/19/06, 9:13pm
graphic
More importantly...the Detroit Tigers got pick #6 Bring in another future star Dombrowski!!!

--------------------------------------------------------
Go Tigers!!!

Reply to Msg #3149
Back to Topics

9730 reads

Message #3155 of 6634  *NEW*
Conor  
Date:  4/20/06, 8:10am
The guest comment was/is mine

Reply to Msg #3155
Back to Topics

9728 reads

Message #3157 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Conor
The Olde English Ds  
Date:  4/20/06, 8:18am
graphic
Do you have any idea who the Royals will take with the first pick? Pitcher? Positional player? I haven't looked at the prospects for the draft yet.

Go Tigers!!!

Reply to Msg #3157
Back to Topics

9725 reads

Message #3162 of 6634  *NEW*
Guest13462 (IP: 65.32.70.158)  
Date:  4/20/06, 8:09am
"The Royals are the Clippers of baseball"

one difference...the Clippers made the playoffs this year and had an MVP caliber player on their team all year.

The Royals got a top tier prospect in the draft last year (Alex Gordon - 3B) and Billy Butler (OF) isn't exactly terrible but beyond that they are dead to the world both on the MLB roster and minor rosters. The transactions they made this year were just them picking up everyone else's trash...trying to fool people who don't know much about baseball into thinking "wow, they made a lot of moves this year they must be trying to get better".

This year's draft is being touted as one of the worst draft classes in a long time. Last year was filled with potential all stars in the first round (Upton, Pelfrey, Gordon, Zimmerman, Hansen, etc) and this year I haven't heard of one player that stands out from the rest.

Reply to Msg #3162
Back to Topics

9724 reads

Message #3172 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Guest13462 (IP: 65.32.70.158)
The Olde English Ds  
Date:  4/21/06, 11:20am
graphic
I knew I had not heard much buzz about this years draft class, but I was not aware it was one of the weaker in recent memory. Is this the general consensus? So I shouldn't get too excited the Tigers have the number 6 pick. To stick up for the Royals they do have a winning tradition dating to the 80s and made a run at the playoffs a few years again. The Clippers can not claim a championship past.

Go Tigers!!!

Reply to Msg #3172
Back to Topics

6162 reads

Message #3173 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  The Olde English Ds
TheBlueJayWay  
Date:  4/21/06, 1:39pm
graphic
the economics of the game doom the Royals to being basically a glorified developmental team. They've drafted well over the years, yet have no commitment to winning beyond a guy's 1st contract, with the exception of Sweeney. They've lost guys like Damon, Beltran, Dye, etc. all because they cant compete finanically with the big market clubs, once these players become legit.
They're going to be in rebuilding mode forever, with a mix of prospects and journeyman vets who werent wanted elsewhere. Those prospects will mature, the vets will retire, and then the cycle will renew itself once again.

I expect the Royals to be picking first for the next few years....

Reply to Msg #3173
Back to Topics

9717 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter