BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40417
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Tales of Nomar's Demise have been Greatly Exaggerated " Thread

Message #3203 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
redsoxchick  
Subject:  Tales of Nomar's Demise have been Greatly Exaggerated
Date:  4/24/06, 8:10pm
He's 3-7 in two games, batting .429 and just hit a grand slam off of Brad Lidge to give the Dodgers the lead in the 8th inning.

Way to go, Nomie!

Reply to Msg #3203
Back to Topics

6098 reads

1125 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3204 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  redsoxchick
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Tales of Nomar's Demise have been Greatly Exaggerated
Date:  4/24/06, 8:12pm
The numbers speak for themselves. When Nomar is healthy, he's an unbelievable player with a career average of .320 or so. Hopefully, he'll avoid the D.L. for the rest of the season.

GO NOMAHHHHH!!!!

Reply to Msg #3204
Back to Topics

7540 reads

Message #3212 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Date:  4/25/06, 8:00am
He is good when healthy, key word when. I don't wish injury on any player, but I predict he'll be back on the DL again sometime during the season. He is one player I have always been scared of having on my fantasy team because of his injury track record the past 3 or 4 seasons even though he is a good player. That being said, I usually shy away from him come fantasy baseball time.

Reply to Msg #3212
Back to Topics

7072 reads

Message #3222 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  redsoxchick
Reedster  
Date:  4/26/06, 8:43am
Nomar is looking really good... I was listening to the game on the radio, on the way home, when he smacked that grand slam... the Dodgers are 10 times better with him in the lineup.

Reply to Msg #3222
Back to Topics

7531 reads

Message #3231 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
attacksquad  
Date:  4/26/06, 3:05pm
Now that I have some time off from class, let me go off on Nomar for minute. I want to like the guy now that he isn't in Boston anymore. I really do. The guy is young, Latin,and married to a hot female soccer star. Ideally, he is who I would want to be. The kicker is, he cannot stay healthy. It's almost annoying how we only see short flashes of this guy and then back to the DL. I think when healthy, his play yields all the stardom of Jeter or A-Rod. I use those two specifically becuse the casual lady fan know who those guys are along with the fellas. Nomar should have commercials, movie roles, crossover Latin market appeal, etc. I should see Nomar on my mothers novelas(spanish soap operas) after his career ends. Unfortunately, none of this will happen if he doesn't play. My friends joke with me saying Nomar is "No-Mas" ,"No More Gariciaparra, or my favorite, "Nomar Garcia Para-Nada"(for nothing). Now yes, it is just mean, but that is the kind of flack one has to take as a public figure sometimes. So, as of right now I am still on the fence about the guy.

Reply to Msg #3231
Back to Topics

7527 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

attacksquad's Blog

Message #3233 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  attacksquad
Reedster  
Date:  4/26/06, 3:08pm
>Unfortunately, none of this will happen if he doesn't play. My
>friends joke with me saying Nomar is "No-Mas" ,"No More
>Gariciaparra, or my favorite, "Nomar Garcia Para-Nada"(for
>nothing). Now yes, it is just mean, but that is the kind of
>flack one has to take as a public figure sometimes. So, as of
>right now I am still on the fence about the guy.

Those are ALMOST as good as the one my brothers and I came up with when we followed Jose Offerman and his Dodger career:

Jose Oh-for-four-man

Nomar's injury plague, in my opinion, has been fluke. He does need to get a good trainer to help him work with his stretching and such (which is the reason for his groin situation last year).

I see a solid year and remainder of his career, personally.

Reply to Msg #3233
Back to Topics

7524 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter