BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39493
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "The bet is on: who thinks Maddux can go 5-0 and continue his pitching mastery? " Thread

Message #3271 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  The bet is on: who thinks Maddux can go 5-0 and continue his pitching mastery?
Date:  4/28/06, 09:17am
Not me. Glavine finally got shellacked, as did Josh Beckett. He IS going against the Brewers, though, and as we said in our podcast, the Brew Crew likes to strikeout (thanks, Tony).

Maddux has a .99 ERA right now, which is downright ridiculous. I say he goes 6, allows 4, strikes out 3... and the Cubs lose 7-3.

Reply to Msg #3271
Back to Topics

11469 reads

1919 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

attacksquad's Blog

Message #3275 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
attacksquad  
Subject:  Re: The bet is on: who thinks Maddux can go 5-0 and continue his pitching mastery?
Date:  4/28/06, 11:07am
Does anyone else think Maddux looks like Mathew Brodderick with glasses on? Hopefully he does do well aginst the Brewers. I like watching him pitch when he's not throwing batting practice.

Reply to Msg #3275
Back to Topics

12154 reads

Message #3278 of 6634  *NEW*
Guest13993 (IP: 200.46.124.92)  
Subject:  Re: The bet is on: who thinks Maddux can go 5-0 and continue his pitching mastery?
Date:  4/28/06, 10:09am
I have been a long time cubs fan and i'm writing from the country of Panama. I enjoy your podcast and listen to it as often as I can . I agree, Maddux will probably go 5-0 if not he will at least not lose the game. The cubs need to take advantage of this weekend, since these injuries will likely take a toll on the team in the coming weeks. Go Cubs!!

marco

Reply to Msg #3278
Back to Topics

12152 reads

Message #3279 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  attacksquad
Guest13938 (IP: 69.141.76.197)  
Date:  4/28/06, 11:50am
Since I have him and started him in the Geeks league, I'm hoping he can do it. So far, he's 28 pitches in 2 complete innings, no runs, and a 2-0 lead. My ERA and WHIP need a good game!

Reply to Msg #3279
Back to Topics

12151 reads

Message #3280 of 6634  *NEW*
Brew Crew Fan  
Date:  4/28/06, 1:01pm
Well, i think he will go 5-0, but i do have an unfair advantage seeing as how im watching the game and he is winning 5-2 in the bottom of the sixth. Maddux hasnt been as sharp as he was in his first four starts, but this is a pretty good start for a "bad" one. He loaded the bases with one out in the first, then got out the next six or so batters in a row.

Well, they just took Maddux out so if they dont blow it, he should get the win and obviously cant lose it now. He finished with 6K's in 6 IP which is alot for maddux. Jenkins is pretty hot right now, which he hasnt been so now is the time to put him in your lineup, if you havnt got him there already.

As far as Bush, well, how often does it happen you sorta talk a guy up and then he goes out and gets a little rocked. He allowed alot of baserunners and 5 runs, but he didnt walk any which shows he had solid control, was just too hittable.

~tony

Reply to Msg #3280
Back to Topics

12147 reads

Message #3282 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Brew Crew Fan
Reedster  
Date:  4/28/06, 1:54pm
Well, it was you, Tony, after all, who said that facing the Brewers means good things for a pitcher's strikeout rates... Maddux had 6 strikeouts in 6 innings...

Unbelievable... this just can't keep up, can it?

Reply to Msg #3282
Back to Topics

12143 reads

Message #3283 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Guest13993 (IP: 200.46.124.92)
Reedster  
Date:  4/28/06, 1:58pm
>I have been a long time cubs fan and i'm writing from the
>country of Panama. I enjoy your podcast and listen to it as
>often as I can . I agree, Maddux will probably go 5-0 if not
>he will at least not lose the game. The cubs need to take
>advantage of this weekend, since these injuries will likely
>take a toll on the team in the coming weeks. Go Cubs!!
>
>marco

Thanks for the comments, Marco! Well, it looks like you are certainly a better prognosticator than me.

Reply to Msg #3283
Back to Topics

12140 reads

Message #3284 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Guest13993 (IP: 200.46.124.92)
Guest13938 (IP: 69.141.76.197)  
Date:  4/28/06, 2:02pm
Well, Maddux did it. The Cubs have a pretty good bullpen with Howry and Williamson throwing gas, and Eyre as the lefty and Dempster closing them out.

Reply to Msg #3284
Back to Topics

12135 reads

Message #3289 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Guest13938 (IP: 69.141.76.197)
The Olde English Ds  
Date:  4/28/06, 6:09pm
graphic
I think Maddox will get it done. I am going to look like a genious

--------------------------------------------------------
Go Tigers!!!
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #3289
Back to Topics

12133 reads

Message #3308 of 6634  *NEW*
Brew Crew Fan  
Date:  4/29/06, 4:16pm
Well, I'm going to stick with maddux for the season unless someone comes to me with an offer. I usually run my team via FA's until mid season unless someone sends something good to me. I have always picked maddux up off and on for the last couple seasons, and love veteran pitchers. He had done ALOT of off season workout, weight lifting type stuff, so if he is in the best shape in the last five years, he could have better numbers too. He isnt Clemens or Unit, he has always been a control, precision, movement pitcher. He is good enough for me. I have had him all season.

~tony

Reply to Msg #3308
Back to Topics

12133 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter