BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40690
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Marlins drew a minuscule 6,017 fans at Monday's game, which featured Dontrelle Willis as the starter. Can you say.....San Antonio Marlins? " Thread

Message #3369 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Marlins drew a minuscule 6,017 fans at Monday's game, which featured Dontrelle Willis as the starter. Can you say.....San Antonio Marlins?
Date:  5/03/06, 8:22pm
With fan support like this, South Florida doesn't deserve a team. I know they had a firesale during the offseason, but they still have some young and promising talent on the field, such as Josh Willingham, Jeremy Hermida, and Mike Jacobs. Plus, this happened on the night when one of the elite pitchers in the league was starting the game. The fact of the matter is that the Marlins have drawn small crowds, even during their two championship seasons. Their best move would be to accept San Antonio's offer by the May 15th deadline.
My theory on why the Marlins have been having a hard time attracting big crowds is because of the many teams that have had their spring training in South Florida for the past fifty + years. As a consequence, you have many Floridians loyal to whatever team trains in their hometown areas. Also, there are many transplants from the East Coast and Midwest who maintain loyalties to the teams of their places of origin.

Reply to Msg #3369
Back to Topics

2864 reads

1665 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3373 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Marlins drew a minuscule 6,017 fans at Monday's game, which featured Dontrelle Willis as the starter. Can you say.....San Antonio Marlins?
Date:  5/4/06, 5:58am
Good points Jaydawg! I just don't get it! It's downright sad! Florida is such a great state for baseball to. What gives?

Reply to Msg #3373
Back to Topics

3502 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter