BaseballGeeks
User: Guest16558
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Despite Steroid Allegations, Bonds is off to Best Start in his 19-Year Career " Thread

Message #333 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Despite Steroid Allegations, Bonds is off to Best Start in his 19-Year Career
Date:  4/20/04, 2:32pm
Say what you want about this guy, but he is the man. Nobody can touch him... if he WAS on the juice (and, presumably, now he'd be off), perhaps one could make an argument that the juice hurt him?

Reply to Msg #333
Back to Topics

10387 reads

1097 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #334 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Despite Steroid Allegations, Bonds is off to Best Start in his 19-Year Caree
Date:  4/20/04, 8:10pm
Ba-Bo is still on the juice. No doubt about it. At his current pace, he's due to end up with 85-90 homers for the season. Something is definitely wrong here. Has anybody noticed how Vladimir Guerrero bulked up during the offseason? Baseball better solve this problem before it gets way out of hand. Boogaman gave the perfect solution in an earlier post. Mandatory testing is a MUST. First time violators of the steroid policy should get a one year suspension and second timers should get an automatic expulsion from baseball for life.

Reply to Msg #334
Back to Topics

11202 reads

Message #335 of 6634  *NEW*
BorgHunter  
Subject:  Re: Despite Steroid Allegations, Bonds is off to Best Start in his 19-Year Caree
Date:  4/20/04, 8:51pm
Jaydawg, that could lead to some Rose-esque problems. Example: What if Barry Bonds is expelled from baseball? Is he not allowed in the Hall of Fame? A lot of fans would balk at that.

Reply to Msg #335
Back to Topics

11198 reads

Message #336 of 6634  *NEW*
Reedster  
Date:  4/21/04, 11:22am
Maybe I'm just too big a fan of the long ball, so that blinds me... but, to me, I think that Babo is on a mission to prove that steroids aren't what has made Babo the hitter he is.If he is still juicing, I'd put him at the top of the "Stupid List."I just don't see him continuing to do somethingthat has gotten his trainer in trouble, and has him possibly facing charges and/or further embarrassment.It just doesn't make any sense.Why can't Babo just be that good?

Reply to Msg #336
Back to Topics

7812 reads

Message #337 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Date:  5/7/04, 12:32am
Has anyone noticed lately that Bonds seems to be sitting out about every other game? I think the roids are starting to catch up with him & his everyday overall physical health. He told his manager(Alou) that he needed atleast 1 full game off a week because he walks so much that he gets exausted & gets sore feet from standing on the bases so much, on top of constantly standing in left field. Steroids or not, I don't believe Bonds will hit 50 homeruns this season becuse he'll draw 250 to 300 walks if he plays a full season & quits taking so many games off. I hope I'm wrong about his homerun total & atleast hits 50 or more!

Reply to Msg #337
Back to Topics

11193 reads

Message #338 of 6634  *NEW*
Reedster  
Date:  5/7/04, 12:47pm
I don't think it's roids. I think he is getting pissed that he is getting walked so much.He is walking at a record pace and, yet, he is tied for the MLB lead in HRs.I'm smiling at your change of tune. On RRBBS, you were saying that he wasn't going to hit 35.

Reply to Msg #338
Back to Topics

11192 reads

Message #339 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Date:  5/8/04, 1:48am
Yeah, your right about that! The Beach Bums have been trying to get Bonds from me in a trade. Considering who I might get in return, I'm giving it some serious thought! However, I'll still be unlikely to trade him.

Reply to Msg #339
Back to Topics

11190 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter