BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39368
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Will Dontrelle Willis be a Yankee? Yankees scout Jim Benedict was sent to St. Petersburg on Sunday to watch the D-Train pitch against the D-Rays " Thread

Message #3529 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Will Dontrelle Willis be a Yankee? Yankees scout Jim Benedict was sent to St. Petersburg on Sunday to watch the D-Train pitch against the D-Rays
Date:  5/22/06, 9:46pm (Last Edited: 5/22/06, 10:10pm)
Since Dontrelle is in a disastrous situation with the Marlins right now, you can't blame him if he accepts an offer from the Yankees. As one of the elite left-handed hurlers in the game at age 24, at least he'd be worth whatever Steinbrenner would offer him.

Reply to Msg #3529
Back to Topics

9145 reads

1209 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3532 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Conor  
Subject:  Re: Will Dontrelle Willis be a Yankee? Yankees scout Jim Benedict was sent to St. Petersburg on Sunday to watch the D-Train pitch against the D-Rays
Date:  5/22/06, 10:45pm
Wasn't there another so-called "elite young hurler" from the Marlins that the Yankees went after a couple years ago? Anyone remember how that turned out? I forget.

Reply to Msg #3532
Back to Topics

9874 reads

Message #3533 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Will Dontrelle Willis be a Yankee? Yankees scout Jim Benedict was sent to St. Petersburg on Sunday to watch the D-Train pitch against the D-Rays
Date:  5/23/06, 5:57am
I hope this doesn't happen. I feel bad for Dontrelle, but if he could somehow grind out this season with the Marlins, I think his situation would be much better come next season. The Marlins need Cabrera & Willis to stick around, especially if they move. The Marlins will be a lot better next season. They have a lot of good young talent. I just hope Dontrelle doesn't sell his sole to Satan & the Yankees. This may be good for New York & the Yankees, but I believe this is very bad for baseball because this just keeps happening over & over & over & over again with Steinbrenner & the Yanks. When are baseball fans & the media ever going to realize that Steinbrenner & the Yankees are major league baseball's continuous CANCER?

Reply to Msg #3533
Back to Topics

9873 reads

Message #3536 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
The Olde English Ds  
Date:  5/23/06, 6:38am
graphic
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

--------------------------------------------------------
Go Tigers!!!
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #3536
Back to Topics

9872 reads

Message #3537 of 6634  *NEW*
Conor  
Date:  5/23/06, 9:07am
Alright people, c'mon now. Way to make a big deal out of nothing here. Here's the thing: the Marlins aren't STUPID. Yes, they may trade Willis (and Cabrera) because of upcoming arbitration. But they aren't going to do it for nothing. The Yankees have one bargaining chip that MIGHT interest the Marlins: Phillip Hughes. And you know what, that won't be enough, especially with all the other clubs in the mix for Willis' services that have deeper farm systems.

Reply to Msg #3537
Back to Topics

9871 reads

Message #3538 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
Guest15804 (IP: 69.141.76.197)  
Date:  5/23/06, 6:20am
I hear what your saying Jaydawg, but baseball needs the Yankees to be good. Every year the Yankees lead baseball in Road Attendance and when they show up in other cities, the teams get the highest TV ratings also. Since the Yankees get a cut of the road attendance, other cities are really helping the Yankees out by showing up when they come to town, at least in a small way. Also the Yankees team merchandise almost always sells the most every year.

From a baseball perspective, getting D-Train is just what the Yankees need. A talented young lefty in Yankee Stadium. No more Pavano's or Wright's, get lefties. The failure of the Yankee farm system to develop young lefties is hard to believe. They did have Claussen and Halsey, whom they traded away, but without Pettite they've won no championships.

Reply to Msg #3538
Back to Topics

9867 reads

Message #3544 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Date:  5/23/06, 7:44pm
According to ESPN, the D-Backs have also expressed interest in the D-Train. So, as of right now, it's the Yanks, D-Backs, Bo-Sox, Braves, and Dodgers that are trying to get Dontrelle. But, on Monday, Marlin owner Jeffrey Luria still denied all allegations that he was going to give him up.

Reply to Msg #3544
Back to Topics

9866 reads

Message #3546 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Guest15804 (IP: 69.141.76.197)
drrubb  
Date:  5/23/06, 8:14pm
What makes me really sick to my stomach though is when people who aren't even baseball fans, or lets just say casual fans or bandwagon fans(which is most Yankees fans) go out & buy their merchandise just because it is fashionable or the popular thing to do. That really disgusts me!

Reply to Msg #3546
Back to Topics

1596 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter