BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40038
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "According to the Boston Globe and L.A. Daily News, Angels GM Bill Stoneman is thinking about trading pitcher Ervin Santana to the D-Rays for outfielder Carl Crawford " Thread

Message #3668 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  According to the Boston Globe and L.A. Daily News, Angels GM Bill Stoneman is thinking about trading pitcher Ervin Santana to the D-Rays for outfielder Carl Crawford
Date:  6/12/06, 8:29pm
Bill Stoneman has slipped a gear or two if he's actually considering this as a legitimate trade. Carl Crawford is an All-Star caliber outfielder and he's also an excellent leadoff hitter, which are rare to find in the league today.

Reply to Msg #3668
Back to Topics

6776 reads

1197 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3670 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: According to the Boston Globe and L.A. Daily News, Angels GM Bill Stoneman is thinking about trading pitcher Ervin Santana to the D-Rays for outfielder Carl Crawford
Date:  6/13/06, 5:18am
I hope the Devil Rays aren't this stupid! Crawford is arguably one of the best 10 or 15 hitters in the game & one of the best overal players as well.

Reply to Msg #3670
Back to Topics

8136 reads

Message #3671 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
Conor  
Subject:  Re: According to the Boston Globe and L.A. Daily News, Angels GM Bill Stoneman is thinking about trading pitcher Ervin Santana to the D-Rays for outfielder Carl Crawford
Date:  6/13/06, 6:58am
They've been talking about this for while now. The D-Rays haver a plethora of OF talent, especially with Young coming up next year, Gomes mashing the ball, and Rocco, Gathright, and Huff. They NEED a starter to be the #2 guy behind Kazmir. They're not stupid down there in Tampa, they'll get more than just Santana (possibly Wood?). I think this would actually be a good trade for both sides, as long as the D-Rays got equal value for C.C.

This rumor was reported on www.mlbtraderumors.com a few days ago as well.

Reply to Msg #3671
Back to Topics

8132 reads

Message #3674 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Conor
drrubb  
Date:  6/13/06, 8:48pm
I would trade Baldelli or Gathright or both, but I would not trade Crawford under any circumstance. Tampa needs to show him the money! Baldelli is nothing but a bunch of hot air. Tampa needs to lock up Crawford & Gomes if they can. Those 2 anchor their outfield.

Reply to Msg #3674
Back to Topics

8127 reads

Message #3770 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Guest17910 (IP: 24.195.30.107)  
Date:  6/30/06, 5:26pm (Last Edited: 7/1/06, 12:43am)
I think the ANGELS would be the losers in this deal. Santana is a future star pitcher.You can also get great hiiters but it is hard to get great pitchers unleess you are in the basement and always get number one picks.

Just ask the YANKEES about Santana. He ended their season last year.

Reply to Msg #3770
Back to Topics

8126 reads

Message #3773 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Guest17910 (IP: 24.195.30.107)
drrubb  
Date:  7/1/06, 8:37am
I know Santana is a very good young pitcher, but Crawford is an everyday player & I'll go out on a limb & say that Carl Crawford is arguably the best leadoff hitter in baseball. I respectfully disagree. I think the Angels would get the better end of that deal. Tampa should offer up Rocco Baldelli & maybe another prospect for Santana. I would lock up Crawford if I were them.

Reply to Msg #3773
Back to Topics

8125 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter