BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40112
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "BaseballGeeks Podcast two dozen now online... link goes to direct mp3 download of podcast" Thread

Message #3688 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  BaseballGeeks Podcast two dozen now online... link goes to direct mp3 download of podcast
Date:  6/17/06, 7:10pm
This Week in Geek includes the Angels and the Weaver Bros, comebacks and latest injuries, latest ballplayer shenanigans, Week 11 summary, fantasy forecast for Week 12, False Rumors

---

Our first attempt at recording directly on the Mac, and we did have some minor technical issues... about 48 or so minutes this time around.

Happy Fathers' Day and Happy National Baseball Card day!

Reply to Msg #3688
Back to Topics

6685 reads

1134 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3689 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks Podcast two dozen now online... link goes to direct mp3 download of podcast
Date:  6/18/06, 12:38am
Good job guys! Glad you talked about the all star game a bit. I like your idea Rob about each fan getting one ballet when they purchase a ticket to a MLB game.

Reply to Msg #3689
Back to Topics

8083 reads

Message #3690 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks Podcast two dozen now online... link goes to direct mp3 download of podcast
Date:  6/18/06, 1:30am
If I was selecting, these would be my starters for each league.

AL

C - Joe Mauer (back up - Ramon Hernandez)
1B - Travis Hafner (back ups - Jim Thome, David Ortiz)
2B - Jose Lopez (back up - T. Iguchi)
3B - (one of these 4: Alex Rodriguez, Mike Lowell, Melvin Mora, Troy Glaus)
SS - Miguel Tejada (back ups - Derek Jeter, Micheal Young, Carlos Guillen)
OF - Vlad Guerrero
OF - Vernon Wells
OF - Jermaine Dye
back up outfielders: Ichiro Suzuki, Alex Rios, Manny Ramirez, Magglio Ordonez, Gary Matthews Jr., Nick Swisher, Carl Crawford

SP's: Roy Halladay, Curt Schilling, Mike Mussina, Scott Kazmir, CC Sabathia, Francisco Liriano, Jose Contreras, Kenny Rogers, Barry Zito

NL

C - Paul LoDuca (back up - Johnny Estrada)
1B - Albert Pujols (back ups - Ryan Howard, Lance Berkman, Prince Fielder, Carlos Delgado)
2B - Chase Utley (back ups - Jose Castillo, Dan Uggla, Jose Vidro, Brandon Phillips)
SS - Edgar Renteria (back ups - Jose Reyes, Felipe Lopez)
3B - Miguel Cabrera (back ups - David Wright, Scott Rolen, Freddy Sanchez)
OF - Andruw Jones
OF - Alfonso Soriano
OF - Jason Bay
Back up outfielders: Matt Holliday, Carlos Lee, Carlos Beltran, Pat Burrell

SP's : Brandon Webb, Carlos Zambrano, Bronson Arroyo, Chris Carpenter, Pedro Martinez, John Smoltz, Josh Johnson, Brett Myers

I know I have named more players than allowed on each all star roster, but I think all of these guys deserve all star consideration. There are also a few I may be leaving out.

Reply to Msg #3690
Back to Topics

8082 reads

Message #3701 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
The Olde English Ds  
Date:  6/20/06, 5:50am
graphic
The starting pitchers for the AL should be the Detroit Tigers rotation...best team ERA in the league. Kenny Rogers, Jeremy Bonderman, Justin Verlander and Nate Robertson. Since Mike Maroth is on the DL I guess Roy Halladay can have his spot.

--------------------------------------------------------
Go Tigers!!!
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #3701
Back to Topics

6221 reads

Message #3711 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  The Olde English Ds
drrubb  
Date:  6/21/06, 6:11am
I forgot about Verlander. He definately deserves strong all star consideration.

Reply to Msg #3711
Back to Topics

8078 reads

Message #3723 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
saundrabeach  
Date:  6/23/06, 8:36am
Hello Rob and Greg. While I didn't notice a big difference in the sound of the Mac system, I noticed a little difference in the levity of the program. Perhaps this is due to influence and comments from posters.

Continued good luck in this endeavor.

You two sure have done your homework, wonder where you get the time.

Baseballgeeks Fanmom

Reply to Msg #3723
Back to Topics

7717 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter