BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39206
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Manager Ozzie Guillen calls Chicago sportswriter Jay Mariotti an anti-gay slur " Thread

Message #3716 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Manager Ozzie Guillen calls Chicago sportswriter Jay Mariotti an anti-gay slur
Date:  6/21/06, 8:40pm
Unfortunately, homophobia is the last accepted prejudice in mainstream society, so I don't think there will be much of a ruckus made on this one. I wonder if Guillen was on another hang-over, like he was when he interviewed for the Chi-Sox managerial position.

Reply to Msg #3716
Back to Topics

4168 reads

1420 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3721 of 6634  *NEW*
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Manager Ozzie Guillen calls Chicago sportswriter Jay Mariotti an anti-gay slur
Date:  6/22/06, 8:07pm
Today, Bud Selig fined Guillen and ordered him to undergo sensitivity training. Under these circumstances it's totally necessary because Ozzie is the manager and must always set a good example for his players. The last guy ordered to do this by Selig was John Rocker. From what I've heard, Rocker is now dating a model who happens to be a black woman. It looks like this sensitivity stuff could be doing miracles....

Reply to Msg #3721
Back to Topics

5806 reads

Message #3732 of 6634  *NEW*
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Manager Ozzie Guillen calls Chicago sportswriter Jay Mariotti an anti-gay slur
Date:  6/24/06, 9:29am
On Friday, Guillen told an interviewer from ESPNdeportes.com that he's going to refuse Selig's order to undergo sensitivity training. It looks like this one could get nasty.
http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=453428

Reply to Msg #3732
Back to Topics

5802 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter