BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40066
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "The Yankees may be on the verge of acquiring Carlos Lee from the Brewers " Thread

Message #3742 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  The Yankees may be on the verge of acquiring Carlos Lee from the Brewers
Date:  6/26/06, 9:00pm
The Yanks are in desperation of replacing the injured Gary Sheffield and Hideki Matsui. Steinbrenner is always willing to get the best team money can buy and will no doubt give C-Lee an offer he can't refuse. I'll be surprised if he doesn't take it.

Reply to Msg #3742
Back to Topics

4831 reads

1277 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3745 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: The Yankees may be on the verge of acquiring Carlos Lee from the Brewers
Date:  6/26/06, 11:26pm
This just totally infuriates me. I'm so freaking annoyed & pissed at the prospect of this. I just wish Steinbrenner & the Yankees would go to hell! I seriously mean that. It's always Yankees Yankees Yankees! UUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Yankees would not be the Yankees without all their insane money. I wish they could swap payrolls with the Marlins or Royals or Devil Rays, then let's see just how big & bad they are. The Yankees are really the only team in baseball that can get themselves into a mess & buy themselves out of it. I'm so sick & f#@k!%g tired of it! The Yankees are BAD for baseball! PERIOD!

Reply to Msg #3745
Back to Topics

5424 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

drrubb 's Blog

Message #3747 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
attacksquad  
Subject:  Re: The Yankees may be on the verge of acquiring Carlos Lee from the Brewers
Date:  6/27/06, 1:50pm
Is that guy a Brewers fan?

Seriously,

That kind of insanity doesn't buy championships. It buys all stars. It can put fans in the seats and get media coverage, but it has yet to be proven it is a championship formula. The Yankee championship teams of the late 90s had smaller payrolls and more homegrown talent. I have always thought any other team could have been those Yankees. Plenty of teams at that time could have signed Paul O'Neil or Tino Martinez, David Cone, David Wells, Mike Mussina, ect. Jeter and Posada are their homegrown, and I think (but am not sure) Rivera is also. Scott Broscious was at 3B and Chuck freakin' Knoblach (SP?) was part of their championship infield. They were HR sluggers but good hitters. So don't be mad at the evil Yankees. They are having troubles and Los Mets!! are the best team in NY. So you Yankees haters out there, stop hating success. Hate the Royals for being so bad and managing their team into the toilet. Let's see a blog about that somewhere for a change. Now I am not a Yankee fan, but am a Rivera fan and Jeter Fan. They are awsome players to watch. But hey, good post guy. It is nice to read.

Reply to Msg #3747
Back to Topics

5423 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

attacksquad's Blog

Message #3749 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
Guest17683 (IP: 69.141.76.197)  
Date:  6/27/06, 7:18am
It's the anti-trust exemption baseball has that keeps the Yankees in all the dough. If baseball was subject to anti-trust laws, you would have at least 2 more teams competing in the NY market and that would cost the Yankees a chunk of their revenues every year. There are something like 12 teams in Tokyo alone in the Japenese leagues. Here the Yankees get all the revenue that should really go to a bunch of teams in the NY area. The NY market would support at least a handful more MLB teams if it was allowed. There are something like 20 minor league teams in the NY area and none of them are going broke.

Reply to Msg #3749
Back to Topics

5420 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter