BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39234
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "The Mets are now in the race with the Yankees and Red Sox in trying to acquire Bobby Abreu by the July 31st deadline " Thread

Message #3847 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  The Mets are now in the race with the Yankees and Red Sox in trying to acquire Bobby Abreu by the July 31st deadline
Date:  7/15/06, 10:45am
If the Mets front office can pull this one off, they'll officially replace the Braves as being the Yankees of the National League. But, unfortunately, we would have an All-N.Y. World Series for several years to come, which would be bad for baseball, IMHO.

Reply to Msg #3847
Back to Topics

2368 reads

1120 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3850 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: The Mets are now in the race with the Yankees and Red Sox in trying to acquire Bobby Abreu by the July 31st deadline
Date:  7/15/06, 12:08pm
I think the Mets have already replaced the Braves as the Yankees of the NL. I say this because Ted Turner hasn't owned the Braves in the past 4 or 5 years. AOL Time Warner owned & I think still owns the Braves & they haven't invested very much time & effort into the Braves the past few seasons.

I agree Jaydawg. If the World Series is the "Subway Series", it is absolutely horrible for MLB. The last time the Yankees & Mets played in the World Series, the World Series television ratings was suprisingly very low. It was rated one of the least watched World Series of all time. Before that World Series started, FOX Network(parden my French) was jacking off because they thought that series would be highly watched because of all the glitz & glamour of New York & the "Subway Series". You know Tim McCarver & Joe Buck were "greasing each other's bats" & all of the glamourous sexy New York players. I was so glad America in general did not watch that World Series. The world does not revolve around New York like the media portrays & the world does not revolve around New York like the media wants.

I for one think it is bad for baseball if any New York team is in the World Series. I don't hate the Mets near as much as I do the Yankees, but I don't particularly like them. Quiet frankly, I don't like any New York team in any sport, especially the damn Yankees.

People sure as hell don't want to watch an all NY WS unless you live in New York or the surrounding areas. It's too polorized. I hate FOX's MLB coverage because if the Yankees are playing anyone on Saturday at noon or 1pm, you can bet that the FOX game of the week is 9 times out of 10 going to involve the damn Yankees. And if it is not the Yankees, it is the Red Sox or Mets. FOX & the main stream media can't stand it when the Yankees struggle. They are a bunch of whiners & cry babies! They (being the media) will never allow the Yankees, Mets, or Red Sox to suck, especially the Yanks. That's why they keep televizing them so they can continue to generate money & popularity, & team merchandise sales. The YES Network is also a major contributor to the Yankees success. The YES Network in my view is just another cancer that feeds the monster.

Reply to Msg #3850
Back to Topics

3125 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter