BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40027
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Donald Trump expressed an interest in buying the Cubs during an interview on WSCR's 'The Mike North Morning Show' " Thread

Message #3903 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Donald Trump expressed an interest in buying the Cubs during an interview on WSCR's 'The Mike North Morning Show'
Date:  7/24/06, 8:17pm
The way I see it, a Trump ownership of the Cubs could be good AND bad for baseball. Good, because Trump would be serious about putting a contender out there on the north side and wouldn't settle for anything less, which the loyal--not to mention long-suffering-- Cubbie fans deserve. Bad, because I think he would turn out to be a subtle version of George Steinbrenner, going all out to get the best players money can buy and damning the consequences. But, since we're talking about the Cubs, who last won the World Series during the year after my Great-Grandma Sue was born, a Trump ownership could be what the doctor ordered for the north siders.

Reply to Msg #3903
Back to Topics

1425 reads

778 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter