BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40711
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Will Bobby Abreu be a N.Y. Yankee on Monday? " Thread

Message #3924 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Will Bobby Abreu be a N.Y. Yankee on Monday?
Date:  7/30/06, 01:21am
According to several sources, George Steinbrenner is making a strong bid for Abreu. If it happens, then the Yankees would have to be considered the favorite for a World Series ring. I don't want to see it happen, but in a sense, it would be nice for A-Rod to finally get that monkey---not to mention Steinbrenner and the Yankee fans--- off his back.

Reply to Msg #3924
Back to Topics

2405 reads

1268 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3925 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Will Bobby Abreu be a N.Y. Yankee on Monday?
Date:  7/30/06, 5:25am
I don't ever want to see the Yankees win another World Series ever again under any circumstances. ARod or not. Arod knew what he was getting into when he went to New York. He makes more money than anyone. I don't feel sorry for the guy at all. He has money, fame, good looks, women drool all over themselves when they see him. To me, it's hard to feel sorry for this guy. He may eventually break the home run record, given that he is still only 31, but if you make more money than anyone else in baseball, he should be playing like an MVP, regardless of what team he plays for. He is not one of the top 10 or 15 players in baseball right now in my humble opinion. Abreu going to the Yanks is big if they get him, but I don't think the Yanks are going to do it this season. Abreu can't pitch.

Reply to Msg #3925
Back to Topics

3183 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter