BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40047
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "'Major League' in Real Life: Former Expo Owner Loria and MLB On the Hot Seat " Thread

Message #431 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  'Major League' in Real Life: Former Expo Owner Loria and MLB On the Hot Seat
Date:  5/17/04, 6:58pm
14 former partners/owners of the Montreal Expos have sued former Expos owner (and current Marlin owner) Jeff Loria and the MLB.The arbitration over this case is being heard today.The essential claim is that Loria purposefully sabotaged the Expos for the purpose of generating so little local interest in the team, that the team would be able to freely move from Montreal.As far as I am aware, there is no evidence that Loria scouted the California Penal League for pitchers, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Reply to Msg #431
Back to Topics

3025 reads

1064 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #432 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: 'Major League' in Real Life: Former Expo Owner Loria and MLB On the Hot Sea
Date:  5/19/04, 9:42pm
I don't see any case of sabotage. Last season, the Expos had a pretty decent season, but the loss of Vladimir Guerrero has been a huge contributing factor to their downfall this season. Loria is not responsible for this because he was long gone before last season.

Reply to Msg #432
Back to Topics

3926 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter