BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39980
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Gary Sheffield opens up with interesting perspectives on the Yankees, race issues, his uncle Dwight Gooden, and steroids " Thread

Message #4340 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Gary Sheffield opens up with interesting perspectives on the Yankees, race issues, his uncle Dwight Gooden, and steroids
Date:  3/18/07, 09:21am
Sheffield gave a very fascinating interview about his upcoming book, "Inside Power", showing how misunderstood he really is. The point that really hit home with me is when Sheffield stated how the Yankees are run like a business, while the other teams he played for felt like a family. That said it all about the state of baseball between the Yankees and the rest of the league struggling to make it by comparison

Reply to Msg #4340
Back to Topics

1568 reads

1887 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #4408 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
attacksquad  
Subject:  Re: Gary Sheffield opens up with interesting perspectives on the Yankees, race issues, his uncle Dwight Gooden, and steroids
Date:  4/2/07, 2:37pm
I enjoyed reading this conversation/interview. I already preordered my copy today online after reading it. Something about Gary Sheffield has always been a mystery to me, but I always wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt because I read about all of his community service. I also remember reading about how he mentors younger black players that come into the league the way other players did for him. Whether I disagree with him or not on any issue, I certainly appreciate his honesty and opinions on things. I too wondered why he was never the Marlins "poster boy" because he was their best player then. I don't think it was because he was black, although I don't rule that out. D-Train is their poster boy now. He differs from Sheffield in that he is younger, but Dontrelle's personality is more friendly and that is easier to market. Even when Sheffield isn't pissed off, he looks pissed off. I think he will do well in Detroit. Like he said in the article, I think the rage from last season will carry over and fuel him. Plus, he has a serious supporting cast in that line up. He is going to have to be pitched to at some point. Who hits after him? Ordonez? Casey? Lastly, I hope you got him for your fantasy team because I really feel he will do better than the fantasy magazines project if he stays healthy.

Reply to Msg #4408
Back to Topics

3626 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter