BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40259
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Unit No-Hits The Braves " Thread

Message #440 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Boogaman  
Subject:  Unit No-Hits The Braves
Date:  5/18/04, 8:57pm
Big Unit perfect on the night.

Reply to Msg #440
Back to Topics

6431 reads

855 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #441 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Boogaman
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Unit No-Hits The Brave
Date:  5/18/04, 11:17pm
An amazing performance. I think it is fantastic that so many "old guys" are tearing it up this year.It does put a tarnish on Schmidt's performance tonight. He "only" had a one-hitter. On the bright side, I'll take anything that overshadows a Giant performance.Thanks for putting up this link, by the way. I just came in to do it.

Reply to Msg #441
Back to Topics

7299 reads

Message #442 of 6634  *NEW*
Reedster  
Date:  5/18/04, 11:28pm
Then there's the other thing... that I forgot to mention because I was surprised that the link was already up.Does the fact that Randy did this against the current Braves' roster somehow make this less an amazing feat?

Reply to Msg #442
Back to Topics

7293 reads

Message #443 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Date:  5/19/04, 12:54am
The Braves just plain SUCK this season! You can't keep getting rid of key players year after year & expect to win year after year. McGriff, Grissom, Klesko, Dye, Gant, Justice, Lemke, Lofton, Nixon, Sheffield, Lopez, Sanders, Odalis Perez, Jason Schmidt, Castillo, Galaragga, & I'm sure I could list more. More than half or atleast half of these guys age STILL productive players. I'm sure the Braves, like years past will find away to unload Chipper, Andruw, Furcal, Giles, Drew over the next year or two! I know a lot of it is just business, but this is why I have started to become a little or somewhat disenchanted with the Braves.

Reply to Msg #443
Back to Topics

7292 reads

Message #444 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Date:  5/19/04, 1:12am
Imagine if the Braves had kept just some of these players. Their line up could look like this:1B- Klesko, McGriff2B- GilesSS- Furcal3B- Castillo, DeRosaOutfield- Chipper Jones, Andruw Jones, Marquis Grissom, Jermaine Dye, Reggie Sanders, Danny BautistaCatcher- Lopez, EstradaStarting Pitching- Russ Ortiz, Horacio Ramirez, Jason Schmidt, Odalis Perez, Mike Hampton, Greg MadduxCloser- SmoltzThey could probably afford or atleast come reasonably close to having a team of this caliber.

Reply to Msg #444
Back to Topics

7289 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter