BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39556
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Bonds may not send HR related memorabilia to the Hall " Thread

Message #4613 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Rob Reed  
Subject:  Bonds may not send HR related memorabilia to the Hall
Date:  5/29/07, 11:09am
graphic
I don't blame the guy. If he isn't going to get respect from baseball, why should he go out of his way to give valuable stuff away to it?

This very article talks about the question as to wheher or not Bonds gets in the Hall of Fame. Are you kidding me?

Reply to Msg #4613
Back to Topics

3959 reads

1595 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #4614 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Rob Reed
john.reiss  
Subject:  Re: Bonds may not send HR related memorabilia to the Hall
Date:  5/29/07, 6:56pm
The sad thing is that Bonds probably won't be elected to the Hall. Since the baseball "writers" vote, I highly doubt that they will elect him or McGwire in at all, especially because they are the one's that benefit the most by keeping these guys out. More stories and feature articles on the danger of steroids and still, no proof. The last time I went to journalism class, they taught facts above all else. These "writers" follow the ESPN logic of scream first, prove later.

So no, Bonds should open his Hall of Fame, invite McGwire, Rose, Sosa, and Smoltz (since he probably won't get in either) to be a part of his. Personally, I would rather go there than Cooperstown.

Reply to Msg #4614
Back to Topics

5575 reads

Message #4615 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  john.reiss
Rob Reed  
Date:  5/29/07, 7:03pm
graphic
Hi John:

I don't think the writers are that stupid. Before Bonds became super huge, he won a few MVPs... he should have won in '91, which I believe would have made him the first to 3 in a row back then (i.e., before a size increase).

I would be incredibly surprised if Bonds doesn't get in... McGwire, I can see him getting excluded... Smoltz, no way.

If you are right, I'll join you at the Bonds' Hall, and I'll even buy the beer.

Reply to Msg #4615
Back to Topics

5573 reads

Message #4618 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Rob Reed
john.reiss  
Date:  5/29/07, 9:40pm
While I agree with you that Bonds was great before he bulked up, I still think that he will be punished by baseball writers for being accused of taking steroids. I guess what frightens me the most are people that don't care about the actual play on the field but a book that has never been proven true. Bonds (and McGwire and Smoltz for that matter) are all Hall of Famers in my opinion.

Reply to Msg #4618
Back to Topics

5571 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter