BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40543
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Live blog of Roger Clemens' " Thread

Message #4863 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Rob Reed  
Subject:  Live blog of Roger Clemens'
Date:  2/13/08, 11:49am
graphic
Andy Pettitte is a key witness against Clemens, unfortunately. I am sure it is as heart wrenching for Pettitte to be involved as it is for Clemens' fans to hear about it.

Reply to Msg #4863
Back to Topics

7244 reads

1543 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #4870 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Rob Reed
bballfan12  
Subject:  Re: Live blog of Roger Clemens'
Date:  2/20/08, 10:59am
This hearing was really high drama... I honestly do think congress has better things to do.

Reply to Msg #4870
Back to Topics

8575 reads

Message #4872 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  bballfan12
Rob Reed  
Date:  2/20/08, 11:10am
graphic
>This hearing was really high drama... I honestly do think
>congress has better things to do.

I agree and disagree.

My disagreement comes in because baseball is America's pasttime. It is one of those things that one thinks about when thinking about this great country of ours... and, Congress has entered the fray when it came to baseball many times...

For instance, there's the antitrust exemption (interesting thing to study if you like reading about the history of baseball).

I think Congress should stay out for the most part... BUT, when baseball turns a blind eye or simply refuses to correct a problem (as I think is fairly obvious in the Selig era), I don't have a problem with tax dollars being used to protect the game that is as American as hot dogs and apple pie.

Reply to Msg #4872
Back to Topics

8010 reads

Message #4874 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  bballfan12
john.reiss  
Date:  2/25/08, 4:38am
Congress does have better things to do however, since they aren't doing that, they might as well do something. Congress should step in and try to clean up baseball since they don't have any competition. While they can't break up Major League Baseball like they did Ma Bell (but are letting them get back together), they can and should oversee them. If you look at it from a business perspective and not a fan's, the MLB makes a ton of money and receives a lot of tax breaks in the process.

Reply to Msg #4874
Back to Topics

8563 reads

Message #4875 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Date:  3/2/08, 2:12am (Last Edited: 3/2/08, 2:13am)
1-on-1 Elite Personal Fitness, a Pasadena, TX gym responsible for selling HGH to Andy Pettitte, is under investigation for having a possible link to Clemens.

www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2008/02
/29/2008-02-29_texas_trainer_with_link_to_pettitte_
may_.html

Investigating this particular gym may prove once and for all that Clemens lied under oath to the Congressional Judiciary Committee. Clemens, along with his son, Koby, have been spotted at this particular club numerous times.

Reply to Msg #4875
Back to Topics

8561 reads

Message #4882 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Rob Reed  
Date:  3/4/08, 12:18am
graphic
> 1-on-1 Elite Personal Fitness, a Pasadena, TX gym
>responsible for selling HGH to Andy Pettitte, is under
>investigation for having a possible link to Clemens.

My first thought: how does a fitness center provide HGH to patrons? Does the news story mean a trainer who works at the center?

I don't think Clemens should be implicated just for going to the gym.

Reply to Msg #4882
Back to Topics

8560 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter