BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40661
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Frank Thomas released, Bonds going North of the Border? " Thread

Message #5051 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
john.reiss  
Subject:  Frank Thomas released, Bonds going North of the Border?
Date:  4/20/08, 3:05pm
Do you think that the Blue Jays are going to go after Bonds?

Reply to Msg #5051
Back to Topics

4932 reads

787 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #5052 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  john.reiss
Rob Reed  
Subject:  Re: Frank Thomas released, Bonds going North of the Border?
Date:  4/20/08, 3:07pm
graphic
I was just coming here to post this link and say the same thing.

The Jays would be crazy not to sign Barry, and I think he will go cheap.

Reply to Msg #5052
Back to Topics

5881 reads

Message #5054 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Date:  4/20/08, 6:47pm
Nah, I think Ba-Bo will be signed by either the A's or Angels by the end of May. Or, maybe the Yankees if Giambi has injury troubles.

I'm reluctant to admit it, but I actually miss Bonds playing for the Giants. Now that he's gone, who do the Dodger fans have to boo? Tim Lincecum? Too new.. Rowand? Same thing. It's always been easy to boo the Giants because of the abundance of arrogant players they've had over the years, such as Bonds, Juan Marichal, Will Clark, Matt Williams, Robby Thompson, Chili Davis, Jeffrey Leonard, etc. When L.A. and S.F. started the season, you didn't feel the rivalry very much. The Giants should sign Johnny Damon or Miguel Tejada in order to bring the rivalry back. Perhaps, they can make up with Ba-Bo again..

Reply to Msg #5054
Back to Topics

5878 reads

Message #5095 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Date:  4/26/08, 9:51am
The Rays were in contact with Bonds for a while during spring training. I don't know why they didn't try & sign him. If nothing else, it would have put some butts in the Trop! But having said that, I'm kind of glad he didn't sign in Tampa because he is a huge distraction & the Rays actually have a young exciting team this year & are improved. 80 wins & atleast 4th place people! You heard it here!

Reply to Msg #5095
Back to Topics

5877 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter