BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39177
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "A Critical Look at Why People Stop Collecting Baseball Cards " Thread

Message #5182 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
brian.joura  
Subject:  A Critical Look at Why People Stop Collecting Baseball Cards
Date:  5/07/08, 11:06am
graphic
Did you love to collect baseball cards at one time only to give it up? Here I address other's concerns about the hobby and show why you should give it a second chance.

Reply to Msg #5182
Back to Topics

4001 reads

1461 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #5185 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  brian.joura
Rob Reed  
Subject:  Re: A Critical Look at Why People Stop Collecting Baseball Cards
Date:  5/7/08, 11:22am
graphic
>Did you love to collect baseball cards at one time only to
>give it up? Here I address other's concerns about the hobby
>and show why you should give it a second chance.

I love this article.

Graded cards - Don't like graded cards? Then don't collect them! I estimate my collection at around 45,000 cards, of which about 25 are graded. I'm not morally opposed to them but they just don't interest me so I don't collect them. I've got a PSA 10 Fleer Flair Alex Rodriguez rookie card which is not nearly as memorable to me as my 1966 Johnny Stephenson card with a brown stain from a punk burn which makes it look like he crapped his pants.

I have this exact Arod card, same PSA 10. It is stocked away in my safe, but I enjoy staring at my off-center, stained, pen-marked 1955 Topps Jackie Robinson, which is prominently displayed in my home office.

And, even if this Arod card is worth $10,000 20 years from now (yah, right), I will still prefer my 1948 PSA 3 Jackie Robinson Leaf rookie that looks a lot like your Stephenson.

My interest in the hobby has waned, mainly because of lack of time. I still love to peruse my 100,000+ card collection, though.

Maybe you and I are due for a baseball card trade?

Reply to Msg #5185
Back to Topics

4740 reads

Message #5186 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Rob Reed
brian.joura  
Subject:  Re: A Critical Look at Why People Stop Collecting Baseball Cards
Date:  5/7/08, 11:32am
graphic
Thanks Rob

And I'm always ready to trade cards! Send me a want list and I'll see what I have.

Reply to Msg #5186
Back to Topics

4739 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter