BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40708
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Fantasy Roundtable 8: If you could play in only one type of fantasy league a year, what kind of league would it be? " Thread

Message #5179 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Rob Reed  
Subject:  Fantasy Roundtable 8: If you could play in only one type of fantasy league a year, what kind of league would it be?
Date:  5/07/08, 08:59am
graphic
This was a fun question (you'll see I had a lot of fun answering).

Here are some of my favorite quotes:

One fantasy baseball league? How quaint. Seems like it would be easier than running multiple teams like I do now but the mental toll is far worse. All my fantasy baseball hopes tied to that one team. I had one team last year and I can't tell you how much I grew to hate J-Bay's bad knee, Furcal's ankle, D-Lee's wrist, and Jeremy Bonderman's pudgy frigin' face. -Rudy Gamble, Razzball.com

Roto is the way to go for me. I like knowing that I can sit back, relax and watch my guys play their season out. The head to head factor places too much "luck" in the hands of your season. It reminds me of what I don't like about fantasy football. -Brett Greenfield, Greener on the Other Side

While we're at it, why not throw in a Winter Meeting sometime in the off-season to go over new rules, make trades face to face instead of online and to just get everyone together one more time. Maybe I just crossed the line - but what else am I going to do with only one league to keep me occupied. -Commish, FantasyBaseballGeeks

I have done National league only, and it was just stupid. I think that were I to try this again, I would immediately drop out as soon as the words "Alfredo Amezaga, $1," left my lips. Maybe it wouldn't be those words but the words that would be on my mind, instead: "Someone shoot me. Please." -Me

There is disagreement in this regard. Many folks really like the NL/AL only component. Heck, it is the whole premise of the popular Tout Wars leagues.

What are some of your thoughts on the subject?

Reply to Msg #5179
Back to Topics

3975 reads

938 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #5183 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Rob Reed
brian.joura  
Subject:  Re: Fantasy Roundtable 8: If you could play in only one type of fantasy league a year, what kind of league would it be?
Date:  5/7/08, 11:07am
graphic
This was a really good roundtable question and I enjoyed the responses.

My favorite active league is a dynasty points league that I've been in since 1992. I took over the worst team in the league and at that year's draft I took this Minor League pitcher named Pedro Martinez. Still have him on my roster 16 years later.

Reply to Msg #5183
Back to Topics

4943 reads

Message #5192 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Rob Reed
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Fantasy Roundtable 8: If you could play in only one type of fantasy league a year, what kind of league would it be?
Date:  5/9/08, 1:57am
I like the head to head, mainly because I like being involved every day. I tend to lose interest if I'm only allowed to set my line up once a week for the whole week. I then find myself not paying attention to it as much. I like to be involved on a daily basis. That might be the main & maybe the only reason why I like BBM, because it is everyday. Yes, it is a grind & the results are sometimes pretty quirky, but that withstanding, in real baseball(MLB), managers have to make decisions every day. I feel you should be drained & tired by season's end to kind of have that same feel that I'm sure real major league managers have or get. I like the daily grind. I like roto leagues to because it is still fantasy baseball, but maybe just not as much as leagues that require your daily attention, so my focus stays in tact.

Reply to Msg #5192
Back to Topics

4942 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter