BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40589
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "The acquisition of Adam Dunn has Nick Johnson worried about less playing time... " Thread

Message #6039 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Anonymous  
Subject:  The acquisition of Adam Dunn has Nick Johnson worried about less playing time...
Date:  2/13/09, 04:17am
As long as Nick stays healthy, this article indicates that Dunn will play the OF...

Reply to Msg #6039
Back to Topics

6391 reads

1630 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #6042 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Anonymous
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: The acquisition of Adam Dunn has Nick Johnson worried about less playing time...
Date:  2/13/09, 8:34am
Good move for the Nats I think. But isn't the Nats new ballpark more of a pitcher's park. If so, I say Dunn's fantasy value takes a hit. For one, he has always been an all or nothing player. He has never hit for a good average. Yes, the home run power is there, but he strikes out a ton. Looking like another 240 to 250 type of year, maybe 40 plus home runs. I predict he won't hit more than 40 HRs & he'll hit between 240 & 250, 255 maybe for batting average.

Reply to Msg #6042
Back to Topics

7444 reads

Message #6044 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
Rob Reed  
Subject:  Re: The acquisition of Adam Dunn has Nick Johnson worried about less playing time...
Date:  2/13/09, 8:42am
graphic
>Good move for the Nats I think. But isn't the Nats new
>ballpark more of a pitcher's park. If so, I say Dunn's fantasy
>value takes a hit. For one, he has always been an all or
>nothing player. He has never hit for a good average. Yes, the
>home run power is there, but he strikes out a ton. Looking
>like another 240 to 250 type of year, maybe 40 plus home runs.
>I predict he won't hit more than 40 HRs & he'll hit between
>240 & 250, 255 maybe for batting average.

My initial reaction was exactly the same, but I remember when the new ballpark opened, and I was downplaying Alfonso Soriano as a result.

So, Alfonso promptly comes out and hits career high 46 HRs.

On this basis, I think we can expect more of the same from Dunn... 40 HRs. And, I'm willing to pay for that, so long as I have average taken care of elsewhere.

Reply to Msg #6044
Back to Topics

7443 reads

Message #6046 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Rob Reed
drrubb  
Date:  2/13/09, 9:01am
Yeah, you can't deny Dunn's power. I guess if you had 2 other outfielders that hit for average in your starting fantasy outfield, your doing pretty good.

Reply to Msg #6046
Back to Topics

7443 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter