BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40682
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Detroit Tigers : Reading "Sheer Optimism and Joy" Thread

Message #171 of 252  *NEW*
To:  All
The Olde English Ds  
Subject:  Sheer Optimism and Joy
Date:  5/17/06, 12:22pm
graphic
I continue waiting either for someone to pinch me or to wake up. Here it is more than halfway through May and the Tigers sit tied for the lead in the AL Central and the best record in all of baseball. Now I realize it is early, but usually the Tigers are out of contention by this time. Normally all the hype around the youngsters would have died out and they would be exposed as frauds. Typically there would be a major injury to a key player by now or another instance of a veteran player not coming through. However, at this point none of these things have occurred. Jim Leyland has the club playing with confidence and Detroit is starting to generate some sincere excitement for their baseball team. I honestly don’t know how to react because this is something new for my adulthood. At five years old I was too young to appreciate the World Series title in 1984 and I do remember being heartbroken by the loss to the Twins in 1987. Yet I haven’t experienced true optimism about the direction of the Tigers since I can remember. I was only in my early teens the last time Detroit broke the .500 barrier and I remember what seems like countless 100 loss seasons. I get calls from friends speaking with passion and energy in their voices about the current and future state of the Tigers. Dave Dombrowski has this team headed in the right direction and Jim Leyland is pushing all the right buttons. The Marlboro man sure has a way of handling the pitching staff. I cannot even begin to describe the sheer optimism and joy Detroit fans are feeling right now for our beloved Tigers.

--------------------------------------------------------
Go Tigers!!!
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #171
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

2512 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

The Olde English Ds's Blog

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter